Shield of the Haunted Souls [UT Shield]

Yes, it is very similar. I personally don’t like it very much, so I’m going to try to do the lava one with gold rimming.

Gotta work on my hw, be back in a bit.

The pet stasis would have to be applied multiple times to stop holy water/puri from just removing the stasis and turning the knight into a perma invincible god with his divine pet at his side.

In theory, even if the pet stasis could be removed for half a second before being reapplied, several priests with puri and pollen powder could empower this knight with a bunch of holy water to keep it invulnerable for an extremely long time. It would be cool to see, but pretty busted.

CRRRAAAAAAAWWWWLING IIIIIIIN MY SKIIIIIIIIN

And then you use Mp pots and/or other Mp-restoring consumables and you can stay Invulnerable for an extended period of time.

You’d need way too may restrictions put in place for this item to be balanced, and by that point you’d be better off just using a t5 and Stunning everything in your way.

Wow, I didn’t even think of MP pots lol. With enough gold, you could stay invulnerable for years.

Ok fine, you CANNOT HEAL YOUR MP IN ANY WAY WHILE THIS ITEM IS ACTIVE
( reverse sick, mp instead )

rip. My i forgot so much in my calculation…

Doesn’t matter since things like Holy Water/Puri/Book of Geb exist.

Also, another problem with putting Invulnerable on this item as a maintained effect is that it will be insanely easy to exploit due to a bug with maintained effects.

On a Ninja, if you get Quieted while staying permaSpeedy, you can just keep holding the spacebar and stay Speedy until the Quiet runs out.

So if you made an item with the same mechanic but replaced Speedy by Invulnerable, you’d be able to stay Invulnerable as long as the Quiet lasts, which opens up some really stupid potential exploits (for example, you’d be able to stand forever on top of the Forgotten Sentinel).

Re applies every 1/2 s?

Maybe wait 1/2 of a sec before quiet is applied? Maybe something more like 1/10? Something like that

Okay, here we go, my two last shields unless I get more input. (More input please, I’m enjoying this)

To me this one just looks like a reskinned ogmur, but if this is what your going for, go for it.

This one looks like it would be used in a gladiator event, so I’m not super happy with either of them, as I think they look very roman.

Any input is good input!

Looks good to me! I’ll add them as an option

That idea looks really nice! I makes the original role of a shield come back : protect the user. If unvulnerable is too Op, you even could make it apply the armored buff, or just a high def bonus, to counter the infinite buff exploits.

Maybe armored? And thanks!

Ok, the stat buffs have been REWORKED

i like it :smiley: for once p2win divine pets cant use it too well! :smiley:

You don’t understand. The Quiet you put on your item is applied when the key is released, meaning it won’t trigger the exploit by itself as the Quiet would need to be inflicted while the key is being held.

But when you have an external source of Quiet, like the pulsating nova of shots on Forgotten Sentinel or the Quiet bombs in Oryx Castle, then it becomes possible to use the exploit and prolong the effect much longer than you’d have been able to just using your Mana.

1. To be honest, this is more suitable for a ninja star than a shield. I don’t see any shield-like characteristics in this idea.

2. It’s not very useful as of now. Knights already have a ton of def so this is not really needed.
    It looks like normal players will only be able to hold down armored for about 3 seconds and why lose all your MP for armored when you can stun?

3. I think you focused on dealing down divine pets too much, try this MP scaling where the first few seconds it’s a fairly low MP/s then the MP/s gets higher the longer you hold it

but I like the concept, gives knight a better option against stun immunes

This concept isn’t bad. My only complaint (and it’s mainly aesthetic- when working on concepts, aesthetics are a huge priority) is that it uses Pet Stasis. Why not simply make MP not regenerate while this is being used? Wisdom still restores MP, even if you have Pet Stasis.
Plus, thematically, Pet Stasis makes no sense whatsoever. If anything, Sick makes more sense, due to the Helpless Souls theme.
So, my proposed change is to increase the usage to 100 MP/second, remove the -100 MP (it doesn’t make thematic sense and feels very drastic), and remove the Quiet after it’s over (it doesn’t really make sense if it drains your MP, then your MP becomes 0 after you’re finished).
I feel as if keeping all these checks on the shield will make it too weak and useless, which is not what should happen. An item that is made with all those negatives will never be used, and some of them should be removed to make it more useful.

The basic use of a shield is protection. This is what this shield does.

A more shieldy shield, if you will