Show Edit Mark AS SOON As Someone Likes Your Post

So recently, I was replying to someone’s post.

Someone liked that post, and I edited the post again.

Apparently, the little pencil that would indicate an edit doesn’t show up.

In a way, that bothers me, because you could change your post’s meaning and people could interpret that post differently.

Example

Original Post: Hello, I am ConsoleMC.

Someone likes the post.

Changes Post: [Player] is [inserts a ton of insults]

Perhaps you could make it so if someone likes your post, any changes made after that like would immediately show a little pencil indicating an edit?

I was there for that, I edited some of my posts as well before reading replies. Something like Facebook’s “edited” label would be cool or that little pencil indication as you said

The edit pencil doesn’t appear if the post is edited within X seconds of being created (no idea what the value of X is right now).

However, I agree the invisible edit grace period should be ended the moment someone else replies.

Alternatively, quote the people you reply to so the original message you replied to is saved.

Much more violent way to do shit with edits:

1. Get someone in the 3-words forum game to reply to X with “should be killed”
  2. Change X to “jews”
    (3. make sure people read it after the edit)
  3. enjoy

The best part is that non-mods cant even proof you edited it

(seriously dont do this please)

Speaking as a serial post editor I think I’d prefer it worked that Editing a post erased all Likes from it. But not really high on my care list, since un-Like is always available to likers.

I did start quoting a lot more, after someone erased their whole post leaving my replies hanging from nothing.

oh yes, i thought about this, but i was too lazy to make a topic.

But in this case, i would be getting 10X the notifications. Especially for those who like spammed.

lol

I think it’s around 5 minutes.

I agree with Nevov, quoting their original posts makes it easier in the future if they choose to edit their posts and your post seems just plain silly.

Edit: @Doc Yeah, it’s 5 minutes. But I do also believe that if you edit immediately after an edit it won’t show as another edit (maybe like 30 seconds to a minute?)

For example, I added this line about a minute after making the paragraph above this.

Yeah very true, I have edited some posts 10+ times and the number just gets rolled into one edit.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.