Volt's Vehemence (Wand UT Idea)

Going to try making this idea here, but… (WILL NEED CHANGES. PLEASE COMMENT.)

###Volt’s Vehemence

####Item:

####Shot:

The infusion of distress from its creator distorts the electron discharges from this wand into an inexplicable anomaly beyond science.

####Stats:

(Normal stuff)

• Tier: UT
  • Range: 9.0
  • (normal fire rate)
  • Special properties: Shots pass through enemies
  • Fame Bonus: 3%
  • Feed Power: 360

(Unique Stuff)

• Shot Speed: 500/([Tiles traveled+1]÷2)
  • Damage: (160-180)/([Tiles Traveled+1]÷10 +1)

Yes. These new calculations that I made may seem weird, but I feel may be an interesting concept for a pseudo-lazy shot or something interesting.

Let’s try an example of the stats here. :wink:

A shot is fired and hits an enemy at 7.0 range. The shot speed there would be 500/(8÷2) or 125 shot speed. Compared to a normal wand shot, this would be really slow, and it’ll be even slower at 100 shot speed (pfiffel), which is a significant slowdown.

The damage at this range would be (160-170)/1.8 or 89-94 dmg. At this range, it’s less damage than a recomp and much slower, but the advantage of this item comes at a closer range, despite the risks of getting close to many enemies as a robe class.

At 4.0 Range, the shot speed will be 500/(5÷2) or 200 shot speed, which is noticeably faster than a normal wand. The damage would be (160-170)/(1.5) or 107-113, which matches recomp in DPS. At closer range, this wand deals more DPS and at a slightly better efficiency against armored enemies.

Drop Location:
Horrific Creation (identical drop chance to conduct)

“Lore”:

During one of his experiments, Volt had been told by his assistant that his brother died tragically. Volt’s distress had been magically infused into a lightning rod that he was tinkering with, causing it to activate on it’s own. This infusion distorts the electron discharges from this wand into an inexplicable anomaly beyond science, however.

(new sig that I plan to try out.)

Little PS: Keep an eye out for my Ad Campaign Contest on Forums :wink:

Pretty nice, but I’m not sure that this would work in the game. It may prove difficult, if not impossible, to code.
Still, I like the concept and would love to see it in game if it were possible. The sprite’s pretty nice, too.
7/10.

I like it everything but the drop… why Enforcer Bot 3000?

Oh, I didn’t even notice that.
Still, I like the concept.

thats like… idk? how many enforcer bots in a lab? also means u have to clear those pesky things. [quote=“GAMESONLY, post:1, topic:5972”]
During one of his experiments, Volt had been told by his assistant that his brother died tragically. Volt’s distress had been magically infused into a lightning rod that he was tinkering with, causing it to activate on it’s own. This infusion distorts the electron discharges from this wand into an inexplicable anomaly beyond science, however.
[/quote]

description is too long, fits more as a lore

idea is ok, its a common concept that im surprised isnt on the forums more. I would’ve tackled one of these, but its a pain to balance them (actually nvm, i do have one of these, forgot about my scepter)

The sprite looks great, though it kind of reminds of a sea/ocean kind of setting, maybe tweak the blue a bit?

In response to everyone’s comments about the Enforcer Bot, I REALLY don’t want to make this drop from Dr. Terrible or Creation. I’ve got the tables left, but that’s about the same story. Once we give too many UTs to these bosses, I don’t even know anymore. I could create more of the “lore” and say that the Horrific Creation is actually Volt, but then things gets weird. Will transfer previous desc to additional info and take the last sentence as new description. As for the sprite, sparks are usually blue-white in real life and yellow in portrayals. That’s the mix here. As in potential difficulty in coding, the only thing needed to be done is… putting a custom denominator in their value if possible. I don’t know their coding language, but I would presume it isn’t as hard as other ideas.

the wand looks a lot like a katana, shoots like a katana, and if it drops from an enforcer bot 3000 it should look like it

update from above post

The appearance of this should be most resembling a static discharge and a sprite wand combined. I don’t know how to make it look more like a wand if it’s supposed to look jagged and crooked.

hmm looks like one of those items that seem complicated but will be very easy to grasp if actually used in game. Not a bad idea

cool i’m going to test having a signature thing too

My Signature

Not exactly planning to use that type of sig, but hey, it’s a sig!

Sorry, but it kinda looks like toothpaste.

I really like the name. Probably because I really like the word “vehemence”.

Correct me if I’m wrong, but isn’t shot speed more important at bigger ranges? Think about it: at long range, it takes longer time for the shot to reach the target and, depending on the shot speed and the enemy move speed, you might very miss most of the shots. It’s a pain in the ass to hit far away enemies with sloe shots.

My proposal to you is that you invert that unique trait: make it so that the shot gains speed the farthest it travels. You don’t need a high shot speed at close range. But leave the damage unique trait as it is. This way you could balance it out from there, by buffing damage and nerfing shot speed or vice-versa.

Overall, I like the idea. Wish I have thought about it myself.

The rapid reduction in shot speed turns this into a pseudo-bulwark shot at the end in terms of shot speed. With the piercing, this provides loads of use having a low shot speed such as making enemies run into the wand while everything around them gets hit while being at a very safe distance once you know exactly where they are running. (of course some cases you can’t tell where they run, but that’s another story.)

(Bulwark has a similar case that you state is a pain in the ass. Even though this wand is totally different from the rest, I take that wand into consideration because it has the same component of speed being low at longer range.)

There’s an unintended consequence at very close ranges that might actually make the effectiveness have a parabolic trend. At very close ranges, the shot speed is about 4x+ the speed of a recompense, which may make the shot pass OVER the target and not register damage. Flipping that characteristic for longer ranges will just cause the ranged attribute to disappear almost entirely for the same reason.

I don’t like the sprite.

Me neither. I don’t have any more ideas though.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.