Why do people hate the idea of a UT weekend so much?

Some people just don’t want others to have what they have. Yes I got my bracer finally!!! Ok no I hope Im the only one that will get on1111

glad this hasnt turned into everyone yelling at each other so far.
so basically, dupers is the problem of UT weekends. also, playing with the ut is only half the fun. getting that ultra rare white bag is the best, and showing it off, not just using it on your character.

Since we are assuming the worst of people, people asking for UTs to be tradeable just feel entitled to be spoonfed everything in life, and if that’s not the case then they feel the world isn’t fair.
Until arguments can be given for tradeable UTs that don’t involve self-centered benefits, people will likely “hate the idea of a UT weekend so much”

Just farm for it if you want it so much. Get better if you think the dungeon is too hard. I’m sure there are many threads on realmeye that can help you do dungeons in bulk.

Lucifer u still owe me a ghastly drape

Make money?

Gee, why would I ever spend my time grinding for a resu or a jugg when I can buy it off of lifepot.org for 1$?

Think of it this way. If I have to buy keys to grind for that one item, wouldn’t it just be easier to buy it from a website that is well-known?

Even if DECA shuts down one, who says another one won’t just pop up?

Okay, I am going to address every part of your ramble that I disagreed with, and then highlight the one part that I actually agreed with.

You have literally just shown why a lot of people don’t want a UT weekend. This isn’t a DECA problem. This is a community problem. Sure DECA might not care about the economy (I actually think that they do, thus removing Defense from Abyss), but other people do. Implementing a UT weekend would kill the economy for them.

Yes the economy is made by supply and demand. By introducing a UT weekend, the supply of UTs would dramatically increase, thus making them super cheap. This would be a problem, as many people could get really good gear without working hard for the good gear.

Another issue is that dupers and RWT shops would capitalize on this and sell all of their duped UTs. This would cause a massive inflation in UTs.

Of course not. You are just stating reasons why we should not have a UT weekend.

Yes. It is fair. Do you know how most people get event whites? They do events. It’s as simple as that. Also, you are saying that DECA would do a UT weekend if not for the dupers. That simply isn’t true. They have said “no” to UT weekends.

Hey, I have an idea! Why don’t you just farm the dungeon that has the UT you want until you get it? That would work just fine! Also, how am I being selfish for not wanting to economy to get polluted by worthless whites.

Well, I think they did. They made def more valuable by removing it from abysses. They also made mana drop, which may have been the intended plan. I think they have different ideas for the economy than you.

Maybe DECA did care about the economy. Maybe, just maybe, Mana was never meant to be that rare. Maybe they wanted it to drop. Also, you have no proof they don’t care about the economy.

The Developers do not frequent this forum as far as we know.

Now on to the one part I agreed with. [quote=“LuciferYT, post:1, topic:5852”]
I’ve read a post about someone wanting a UT weekend, I’m for it, but it got a lot of back-lash saying that this dude just wanted to buy a Jugg from a rwt site.
[/quote]

To be honest, I think that most people who request a UT weekend are actually just trying to buy UTs fair and square with pots. So, he probably wanted to buy jugg with like 8 pixies or something.

That concludes my ramble. Have a nice day.

(And sorry for the text wall)

ok can i just chip in something
sure, people still rwt (hell, it still happens with regular un-soulbound items)
but maybe we can have this again if deca actually did something about duping :E

sigh how many times do I have to explain this…

DECA can’t fix duping. Whenever one exploit gets patched, another is created.

Are you a developer? No (neither am I though)
Sure, DECA can’t fix everything, but that’s not an excuse to be like kabam and do absolutely nothing for 2 years. You can’t patch one thing and smile to the world, saying “oh look at that, the world is no longer evil!” You have to keep patching things up because things will always come up, and you’ll have to do something about it. There’s no such thing as a “permanent fix”

The RWT sites will try as hard as they can to exploit as soon as another gets patched.

I don’t feel like the game developers think spending the effort is worth it if the dupers are just gonna figure out another way to dupe in less than a week.

Would they? They still sell tops in the nexus, RWT sites can sell those same items at a fourth of the cost. They’re still losing some revenue if they don’t patch it up anyway. Again, I’m not a developer myself, but if I was a DECA employee I’d focus more on fixing bots and servers (you know how usw3 crashed)

Think about this for a second.

If the RWT sites can afford to make this much profit, of course they are gonna continue to dupe. Basically, DECA would have to spend a majority of their time trying to fix this w/o releasing any new content for a few months. And then, after that, another exploit will pop up and they’ll just have to do it again.

Specifically on OP’s question, I hate the idea of UT weekend because it is arbitrary and rewards only the people who are fortunate/organised enough to be online for that one weekend. An orgy of trading, hugely rewarding to RWTers and as soon as it’s finished, people continue asking “next UT weekend when?”

unSB in general

@Werbenja - a very good post about the reasons why players think differently about the sb/unsb issue.

I’m the 1st category, gameplay experience is more important to me than feeling I “earned” a drop because RNG decided to bless me this particular time I pressed spacebar.

I am in favour of unsb in general, because having played in both eras, unsb was just more fun. I cared less about dying because I could rebuild completely via any way of grinding, no “precious 1/1000 item” to protect. Players didn’t have to be tramlined into fighting, for example, every single Lotll if they want Ogmur, they could accumulate wealth up to buying it via whatever means they wanted. And the whitebag checklist still applied for pride to try and loot every one yourself, so the drop still had meaning (as well as being a nice cash in if you got an unwanted “good” UT). It was just more freedom.

Ofc in the ideal Rotmg duping doesn’t exist but while there are desirable ST items UNSB (pixie) and just normal items (ubhp) which presumably are being duped to high heaven, it’s contradictory to keep these tradeable but other items sb.

I think I fit in the first category too, even though I never played before the soulbinding of UTs.

On one hand, I feel like the game was built from the ground for players of the first category I mentioned. Lack of registration (no longer in place), no level requirement in items (still in place, thanks Mad God) and permanent death (like they’ll ever remove that) seems to imply the game wants people to hop on and start shooting right away, without worrying about what they have, but only about what they’ll do with whatever they have. And even if you wanted to take pride in grinding for a certain UT, you could. So what if another player bought his UT? That doesn’t change the fact you “worked” for yours.

On the other hand, what I just wrote is irrelevant, to a certain extent. The game now attracts players of the second category and they are a big part of the community. Not taking what they feel is important in the game seriously would be a reckless and somewhat disrespectful move from whoever is in charge.

In the end, my question still stands: how to conciliate “experience” players (the first category) and “collectable” players (the second category)? I don’t know. And I’m afraid nobody knows.

So here’s the thing, every time a dupe is leaked, the economy crashes for like a month or so. Its fixable but it takes a bit of time to stabilize. If their was a UT weekend, the economy would most probably die forever, or at least a really long time. That’s why they can’t risk a UT weekend. I personally don’t care and want a UT weekend anyways, but you can see why they wouldn’t do that.

would I like a UT weekend? yes
will it unbalance the game? yes
should there ever be one again? no

Excuse me?

So you pretty much ignore the blocks of text meant for you to see why the community is against a UT weekend and SPECIFICALLY pick out a one liner about you owing them an item?

xD