A new fame system?

Hello everyone,

If you don’t know already I’m a huge fan of fame train \o/
/s

No for real I just feel like the all time legends leaderboard is as decorative as fame trainers’ ability for people who don’t want to spend many days on the fame train.

I’m suggesting an idea so players who actually play the game (basically do anything but killing gods for hours) could have the chance to be no the leaderboard, and maybe then being on it would mean something for once.

This is just a draft I’ve thought about since a few weeks, so the idea would be first to nerf the exp of gods BUT after of a certain time of farming then.
Let’s say you start gaining half of the exp after 20 minutes of gaining exp almost only from gods (not necessarily killing because there are leechers in the train too), and then the more gods you kill, the more the exp decreases.

After this we should “buff” the exp you get anywhere else (in dungeons mostly). I’ve heard that exp that a character can gain at once is blocked at 190, I don’t know anything else so I can’t tell how to fix that tho.
So you would get thousands of exp by completing end game content (that would be logical).

And also a last thing: my opinion is a bit split on that point, either you would get more exp by killing monsters and bosses with a lower amount of people (so it would be more rewarding for example to solo a Shatters) OR you would get more exp by completing dungeons with a lot of people so that would promote teamplay, because as you know, pets kind of killed the co-op part of the game.

If that kind of system is implemented, when you would see someone glowing you would actually be like “oh that guy is surely good and has run such endgame content” and not like “oh that guy has surely sat 42 days of active playtime in a fame train following people” :slight_smile:

Feel free to make constructive criticism (positive or negative) and tell me what is good or not with this system!

What Community-Designed Ideas Would You Like to See In-Game?

GOOD IDEA BUDDY! I don’t usually go in the fame train though only for levelling up :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Yes same here even tho I sometimes level up alone

It must be so sad alone when I’m doing it alone I usually find a wizard then we become friends then best friend then I give him a mana then he portrayed me :rage:

Tombs & shatters definitely need an XP buff. Apparently it’s high, but as you said it’s capped at 190.

clears throat actually it’s 41.24 days, to be exact, get your facts right.

As much as I have stated in my own post defending the fame train, (since some people just hate on it too much) I am all for this idea, as it will change the meta for the game, in a positive way, and will give people more incentive to do harder dungeons, and clear them.

I just think all exp caps should be removed upon reaching lvl 20. There are already bosses in the game that give a ton of exp.

Obviously it would still need a pretty big overhaul though.

2100 exp aka 1 fame

15k exp aka 7 fame

93,750 exp aka 47 fame

… it’s like the devs put high exps just to taunt us

Yes that’s what i mean by “buff”, as the bosses are already supposed to give thousands of exp

Some give far to much at the moment, it’s all unbalanced

I think exp amounts were all fine till the ones kabam made… they went stupid and made like 100k exp things

One of the issues is leaching. If any individual monsters in the realm itself gives a significant amount of fame it is hard to prevent that fame from just falling onto random people who happen to be standing around. Then players will (still) feel that fame is meaningless and inequitably distributed to players who contribute and those who don’t.

inb4 next suggestion is “base fame awarded on damage dealt” but there’s no mechanic for that, and people will still say it’s incredibly unfair to classes with lower damage and players who aren’t 8/8 or whatever. Also pets.

Well this is true the highest a boss gives that wasn’t totally screwed up is a little over 2k.

IDK I don’t think it would be to big of a deal.

Well, I wouldn’t be against the idea of gaining 5 fames per dungeon boss but it’s clear that 47 fames is too much^

I can’t imagine anyone would have a good reason to be against this idea. (Well, except for Stupidity’s point on leaching)

But the fame system has always been broken, and gamers will always find the most efficient way to get something and abuse it. Unless there was a complete fame reset and a fame system rework, I’m not sure how the damage could be undone.

And IMO only thing godlands high exp should be used for is the leveling player, it would feel weird to leave it out of the leveling experience. After that it doesn’t make sense for the exp of each god to be the highest exp you can get in the game.

Two things, though.

While it is off balance that the game train is the most effective way to gain fame, I want to be abundantly clear that godlands farming is one of the key elements of the game. A beautiful and charming part of what the game is is the feeling of getting to the godlands and doing that dance.

Secondly, with the rest of the game as unbalanced as it is (see any post about events steamrolling or pets) none of the other parts of the game feel like they truly deserve to be the more"legit" way of gaining fame.

zbeb zbeb ?

i vote the second options, more fame more people there are. and for me they can create a new fame bonus (like Mundane) if u kill top quest boss (cube god and other) because the game known who kill that, and why dont give some use to this? or u can gain more exp if u give the last hit.

Or they can just make it so that for every dungeon you succesefully complete you get "consumable fame"that you can also trade and stuff ;D

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.