Additions to Guilds?

What can we do with guilds?

As of now, guild features are quite primitive, but to have a meaningful discussion, we must first understand what we have already and see mechanics that can be improved/suggest new ones:

##Existing Guild Features

Guild Chat

• You can currently send messages exclusively visible to your guild. The text is highlighted green to differentiate from normal text [white] and PM’s [blue].

Guildies on mini-map visible

• Guild members on your mini-map are highlighted green, to differentiate from normal players [yellow] and enemies [red].

Guild Hall

• A private area for your guild to hang-out in. Most practicably used for dungeon opening to prevent lurkers.

• Upgradeable with fame. Purely aesthetic in nature, upgrades do not increase guild capacity, guild abilities etc.

• Guild Board: A public message board. Can include hyperlinks (which will prompt browser to open) and can be used to display guild rules.

• Fame contributed visible. Will reset when a player leaves/gets kicked from guild.

No teleport cool-down between guildies

If you leave your server, possibly for a trade, and come back, there is a [insert number] second teleport cool-down with the exception being teleport to guilds.

Ranks

• Currently, the ranks are as follows: Founder > Leader > Officer > Member > Initiate

• The hierarchy is superficial, the only power being the ability to promote/demote/kick players with a lower rank than you. Some RealmEye features are granted to Founders/Leaders.

##Proposed Additions

This section will be left ambiguous, and further discussion may generate more ideas,

Guild Hall Customization

Been suggested a lot, but I see no reason not to implement it because it can also be monetized.

• Effect tiles: You know the moving tiles in sprite world, quicksand, madlab pools etc? It would be awesome, if we could buy them by the tile for gold.

• Cost: 200 guild gold/tile

• Description: Soulbound, can only be used in guild hall. When used, will transform the tile that you are standing on into the effect tile. Effective when the next time you enter.

• Concerns: Killing guildmates, trolling spawn points etc. We could restrict them to non-damaging tiles.

• Guild Pet: Wouldn’t it be cool if you could buy a guild pet? Effectively, they would just be reusing existing enemies in game, but docile.

• Cost: 200/lowland enemies, 400/midland, 500/highland, 600/godland, 1000/dungeon etc.

• Description: The pets would have the invulnerable status effect at all times so it can’t die. It would also have all damaging projectiles removed, so it can’t kill you.

• Concerns: Glitches happening where people die. Though people used to love those spawning events in the guild hall, that’s why I suggested this. There should also be a cap (tier 1 guild hall => 0 pets, maxed guild hall => 2 pets)

• Ornamental Obstacles: Things like trees, rocks, statues; that sort of stuffs. Could have seasonal ones too :blush:

• Cost: Varied

• Description: When consumed, the obstacle will appear on the tile you are standing on. For example, click on the Christmas tree item and it’ll spawn a Christmas tree the next time you enter the guild hall.

• Concerns: Trolling (putting obstacles in spawn area, blocking off guild board) but there can be a restriction on where obstacles can/can’t be placed. There can be an interface designed for removing them.

• Guild Mural: A nice way of integrating the draw tool into the game, the guild founder can assign an ‘artist’ who can access the mural.

• Cost: 1000 gold/(8x8 mural), 2000 gold/(16x16 mural). 5000 guild fame every time you change the picture.

• Description: It will literally be the draw tool, and the mural will be displayed at the far end of the guild hall.

• Concerns: Drawing dongs etc. But I mean, if your guild is really into that stuff then… Also if the artist trolls and uses all the fame, but there can be a cap (only one picture change per day?)

Guild Arena

Costs guild fame per run (or guild gold), and could reward keys that can only be opened in the guild hall. They will appear in a gift chest for the guild, only accessible Leaders/Founders.

Guild Vault

Simple to implement, just make them cost gold to buy. I’m sure guilds would love having those, maybe add a room to the side as the vault room.

Guild Member of the Month

Only visible to the player, but the Founder can assign a ‘member of the month/week’ and that player will see their rank highlighted.

Anyways, sorry for the mess but I just wanted to spam some ideas out there.

Guild Communal Chest
More uses for Guild Fame?
The Major Waste of Guild Fame
Rkigoo's Ideas
Ideas For Fame
Guild Contests

The costs are trivial, just wanted to put something in there.

Of course some of the aesthetic stuff should buyable with fame, but just so Deca makes $$$ they can charge moolah for the better ones.

Good ideas, these additions would make being in a guild a lot more of an enjoyable experience!

I really like the idea of guild arena. It encourages actual co-op and not dealing as much damage as possible to get soulbound.

How bout having 3 or 4 tiles next to spawn or guild board where you can’t put these?[quote=“UnicornSla, post:1, topic:2759”]
Guild Mural: A nice way of integrating the draw tool into the game, the guild founder can assign an ‘artist’ who can access the mural.
[/quote]

Incoming 8======>

Other than that, the other ideas seem fun!

Momy is it saposeded two bee dat longe aend sharepe?

Myne look lyke dis: 8=D

I’m looking for more ideas, I’ll add them to the thing!

I was thinking with that Christmas tree in the guild that you could still put a box around the guild board… i was thinking that you could just make them like a hologram where people can walk through them and they are still visible.

Yes, good idea hologram Christmas trees master race!

I’m not getting what you’re saying about the guild board though, like emojis when you type in the guild board?

gold? so anyone can pay for them ?

explain more

Well I was thinking about the idea of ‘guild gold’, where leaders and founders can buy gold and contribute, or an individual player can contribute. I dunno, haven’t really thought it through.

Think any enemy in the game. Well maybe no, that’s a bad idea, but a ton of enemies.

Now imagine that enemy living in your guild hall with all their attacks removed, and they’re invincible.

So like imagine a brute of the abyss just chasing you around, but not attacking and it can’t be killed.

oh thats cute. Would they get in your way?

I wouldn’t think so, since you can walk over enemies. Of course, some restrictions should be applied (bosses like Bes, so phat) but in general should be ok.

I think that guilds should be able to use dead fame or Gold to buy extra slots, up to 85 as that’s Max you can have in a Realm

So.

How does this benefit people who don’t want to spend $$$?

get in a guild that does.

Like I said above, some would be available for fame.

Dyes also cost money, but people buy then anyways. That’s the thing with aesthetics, buy them if you want, don’t if you don’t.

i was talking about how someone was saying that people could block the guild board so i was talking about just making them a hologram so they couldn’t get in the way of people when they are looking at the guild board…

Oh, that’s what you mean sorry dude!

Yeah, that could be a potential solution, but visually blocking the screen could still be a problem… so I’d rather have a restriction on where the decorations can vs. can’t be placed.

good idea but what about when they place a box around where they can place it and trap the board again… so i agree with you but still think that it should be a hologram…

I never said that I didn’t like your idea, I was just saying that in addition to making the decor ‘holographic’, we need restrictions on where they can be placed.

and i agree… i think that Deca should use your idea and my idea both… what do you think?