Advanced Dungeons

I wanna preface by saying that I think the advanced dungeon concept in itself is really nice.
I especially like the double bag drops :wink:

One thing I think it definitely could include is depending on how much harder the Advanced dungeon is depending on the regular one, it could have a x% chance of double exaltations.

But what I mainly wanted to rant/talk about is how the dungeon looks visually, the dungeon keys and portals look entirely different, and if there are new mobs they all look different of course. But the dungeon itself has no difference whatsoever, which I think is a big waste of potential.

Imagine going into an ADVANCED NEST, you the key is green, the portal is green, and 44 other people are all prepared and ready to tackle an amazing adventure! then BOOM it’s just… orange?

There is no visual cue to tell us that that is an advanced nest, other than if you see any of the new mobs.
I would love where if you joined an advanced nest, it really felt like it’s meant to be harder, or more corrupted in a way.
Maybe not everything is green completely, but vines, or hints of green here and there, something to make it feel like The Green Is Taking Over!

I’m very excited to see the future advanced dungeons, especially cult, LH, and Void. But I think missing the entire visual part of the journey would be a big waste of potential.

I relate a lot to the part about Advanced Nest being visually the same. I was really excited to see it become green or look like some green was “infecting” part of the Nest, and was subsequently disappointed after seeing that the dungeon itself wasn’t changed. They wouldn’t even have to do too much, just change some tile textures to be green and have the map only replace some veins of tiles and walls. I don’t think that Advanced Kogbold Steamworks necessarily needs many visual changes since most of the enemies already act more aggressively and it’s more obvious that the dungeon is harder, but maybe have something like scrapped Steamwalker machines or making the props on the “ceiling” swing back and forth while malfunctioning.

Adv. nest not being fully zaza colored is a huge missed opportunity on Deca’s end, also making adv dungeons not give 2x exalts

I think making advanced dungeons give double the exalts would be a bit much. Yeah, they’re harder versions of dungeons, but I don’t think they warrant giving another full point for exaltations. Maybe 1.5x times exalts like o3 right now, but simply getting more loot and potions in general along with engravings that can make items much more powerful than before is extrinsic reason enough to do the dungeon. not that I can relate since I still haven’t beaten advanced nest yet

maybe youre right, one must imagine exalters happy.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.