All of the New Tops (T15 Armors, T14 Weapons, T7 Abilities!)

I sadly wouldn’t know as I would think of 2 diagonal lines \ / to represent “hands in invocation”. I’m not artistic lol.

I personally think it would be nice if the new T7 seal was a different color than gcookie. I like the red of the old T8 seal that wild shadow made back in the day. Would be nice to see, honestly, any other color than gold. I think gcookie should remain unique. Perhaps they could go for that same red of the old T8 seal. I mean, how likely is it that T8 abilities will ever come out anyway? We’re probably years away from having a dungeon hard enough to warrant T8 abilities.

Hi,
The color is staying. Tiered seals follow a pattern that I am not going to break. However, it was definitely something that I’ve been very very tempted to do; face it: the gold color on gcookie is kinda bad.

I did try a few things, of varying faliures, what about something a bit like this? its sorta nova shaped, so i dont know if this is sorta what your looking for:
t7seal%20idea

imo robe and armor both look bad
prism orb and scepter remind me of lower tiered abilities

I think the weapons all look sick. The wand kind of bothers me because it appears to be more purple than the blue seen in the other weapons, unless I’m just crazy? Also, I wish the spell/seal had a new color theme to them; they don’t stand out much compared to t6 in my opinion.

Decided to try my hand at making a few seal designs.

seals

I especially like the “N” seal, the one with the cross on it (which makes sense for the epitome of paladin seals), and of course, the smiley face seal. :slight_smile:

Nice! I like that cross-like one.

I like that seal, it looks very nice.

I get what you mean, I thought that for a while, but the robe has grown on me. I don’t think my opinion on the current leather is going to change though.

I think the current one looks nice as it is, although I do love the Yin/Yang seal.

Ty! Feel free to use it if you want! :slight_smile: lol

Additionally, I am actually really starting to like the way the sword looks. If you put it together with other items in a set, the black blade is actually a really nice contrast to other items. It honestly looks really sick in combination with the new t15 armor or with breastplate.

The ones I’d like to see changed the most would be:

• The T7 shield to the other version (i think its the T8 shield sprite) which looks like a colo with red lines instead of green and a different pattern (feels more like an upgrade instead of a completely different-looking shield and also fits the name “Orcish Regalia” better imo, that one looks more like a magma shield or something).

• T7 skull could be use a bit more contrast on its colors, looks too plain.

• T14 Sword looks like a lead skysplitter, not sure how to make it look more like Obsidian but it would be nice to have it look different.

• Regarding the T7 Seal I think it would be better if they just went with the T8 sprite. I know they’re supposed to change color every 2 Tiers (Blue, Green, Grey, Yellow, Red) but with the time that it takes for a new ability tier to come out, it would just be nice to see a new color to have that refreshing look. It would also stand out by itself instead of only the pattern looking different.

• T14 Staff could maybe have that bit on the bottom removed or just altered a bit to not look that weird.

Everything else looks good imo.

I’d argue against both of these changes personally, given both of these sprites have some sort of legacy to them from when the items were cheated into the game yeeears ago. Neither are as iconic as the t14 dagger (due to BMJ having one given to him by the WS devs), but i figure I’d mention it.

That being said my argument is also probably somewhat biased as I remember playing when that was going on.

I certainly agree. I like the term “legacy” for this because I do think it’s important that the t14 sword has, at the very least, a black blade like the one from back in the day. Now if only splendor had the shrek green blade like it used to. :frowning:

Additionally, that staff sprite is very iconic. Many players from back in the day will see that and be like “oh yeah, that’s the t14 staff.” It’s one of the more recognizable sprites of all of the t14 equipment.

I get what you mean and I’m all about the past in certain cases but the original T14 Sword was already changed from what it used to look like (the handle was the same as the old acclaim sprite one iirc, it didn’t look like the skysplitter’s one). There’s also the added fact that the T13 sword was completely changed as well so in terms of continuity the current T14 looks like a downgrade imo. I don’t mind the black edge, the thing is that it looks kinda bad as it is. (If we had the Green T13 sword id be up for this sprite for the T14 but considering we don’t, T14 should look better, that’s what i mean)
As for the the T14 staff, that one has always looked odd for me. Even back in the day when i used to search for the unreleased weapons (T13 and T14, before LH) I always thought that the T14 staff was the only one that didn’t look like the next step for the T13 but instead a completely new one.
(Keeping in mind the old sprites:)
The tiered bows change color, with a yellow string for the lower tier ones, then they change to a white string to signify higher tiers.
Same happens for the daggers on the guard.
Swords follow the same pattern of a black guard to then a golden guard (before the acclaim sprite got that small extension, with the exception of skysplitter maybe due to being mithril sword before or something, im not too familiar with this).
Wands, besides being a tad inconsistent stop on a golden handle from T12 upwards.
Katanas being the most inconsistent (maybe due to being added later) do still have the same shape from T12 onwards (with the T14 having the string attached) although I wouldnt count these since they were added later and maybe the same thought process of tier progression through similar sprites with slightly different colors on certain spots wasn’t applied.
Yet Staves go from a very steady and consistent progression, with T12 and T13 having white close to the gem on the tip and lower ones having yellow (somewhat like daggers and bows) to then have a T14 sprite completely different from everything else: different shape, different colors. It just doesn’t feel like the next step to the T13 to me. It would be nice if it looked more like a T13 but with a blue gem

I love this tier, its my favourite colour, it is the best! XD

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.