AMA with Mike sellers is up!

Sorry if this is the wrong area, right yes community hub makes alot more sense :stuck_out_tongue:

Mod note: Moved to Community Hub ~ BMJ

Reading that made me sadā€¦ The house idea & heirloom sounded great

Or the reason why we canā€™t change pet sprites xD

Haha yeah, itā€™s great he can be honest with us now; he straight up said ā€œYeah it was just us being scummy and hoping that youā€™d buy another oneā€

Msellers to do an AMA just as soon as finishes counting his stacks of money (aka next Tuesday) - AMA is now online!

I bought another but it was becuase my first maxed at 99 :stuck_out_tongue: early fusing was probably another way to get people to give them more.

Edit: I win stupidity! :stuck_out_tongue: /s

We all win, because we have a lovely realmeye forum :smiley:

On an on-topic note, M Sellers (still) blows my mind.

Yeah first forum iā€™ve been on where I donā€™t have to refresh, freaking lovely.

I donā€™t know how I would actually feel about having the heirlooms and a less perma death aspect to the game though.

@CaseCaseCa youā€™re going to hit the limit ! :c

We would have made a little money on it for a lot of work, and we needed to find something that would make us a lot of money (like pets).

Reading through his replies and encountering remarks like this paint a very clear picture to me that they (mike + team) were under incredible pressure to show short term results. I get that, you donā€™t want to be in the red forever before turning a profit, but I think compounding so many hastily made decisions hurt the long term heath of the game. Too bad. :frowning:

Yeah, I often wonder if maybe they couldā€™ve saved the game in ways that didnā€™t involve making overpowered pets. It annoyed me that he said ā€œPets didnā€™t really change the balance of the gameā€. I imagine he probably has a lot more numbers than I do, knows that most players donā€™t even have a rare pet. But god damn, anyone that plays regularly has rare or above. What was he thinking exactly when he said that?

Using ā€œbalanceā€ here made me think of gameplay and design more than the business side of things. And if he believes this either he was forced out too soon and hasnā€™t kept up, or heā€™s too far removed from the experiences of players with a deeper understanding of the later stages of the game. I was disappointed to see that line, too.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.