Anime Discussion Thread

I didn’t even know MAL had a discord lmao

Same lol

Also, anybody have some sol / rom com suggestions

yeah one day i was bored and found it somewhere.

lol i was gonna post my recommended anime list, but i only have one for romance and one for sol.

well its not even rot com. although the summer season had gamers, it seemed ok as a rot com.

mushishi is a good sol.

oh also, arakawa on the bridge is a decent sol rot com.

hello friends i am a man looking to watch anime

so far this is the list of anime i watched:

• all of jojo
  • nothing else

i also read some manga heres the list:

• all of jojo
  • literally nothing else

suggestions please

If you’re new and you’re looking for all the golden eggs here’s a pretty good list where you can’t go wrong.

Must Watch:
Sakamoto desu ga <-----
Fate/Zero
Death Parade
Mob Phsyco 100
Shingeki no Kyojin
One Outs
Death Note
Boku no Hero
Steins;Gate
Angel Beats

Just as Good:
Kakegurui
Gamers!
Space Dandy
Darker than Black
Overlord
saiki kusuo no psi nan

I have the perfect one for you dude: Tanaka-kun wa Itsumo Kedaruge

i dont know half of these llel

i found it pretty boring and dropped it halfway 1st season

yee boi

i liked it but it could’ve been a lot better imo

a sad one

lol

Cute list xd

On a serious note, how should ‘must watch’ be defined as (asking anyone who’ll actually reply with their thoughts)?

I may make my own list one day, but I’d probably only include the most popular series in ‘must watch’. Series that regardless of the genre you prefer, if you consider yourself a hardcore anime fan you need to have seen so you can wear it like a badge that says “I’ve watched it” like everyone else in the community.

Coincidentally finished arakawa under the bridge yesterday. Comedy? Yes (quite enjoyed that aspect of the show, love that nonsensical shit). SoL? Sure. Romance? Erm…I mean that part of the show is literally a joke lol

Also does rot com = rom com?

[quote=“Shu, post:531, topic:535”]
Also does rot com = rom com?
[/quote]yes

[quote=“Shu, post:531, topic:535”]
Coincidentally finished arakawa under the bridge yesterday. Comedy? Yes (quite enjoyed that aspect of the show, love that nonsensical shit). SoL? Sure. Romance? Erm…I mean that part of the show is literally a joke lol
[/quote]yeah the order of the show is like sol/comedy then romance, but it fills like 2.5/3 so its good enough.

i also just recently finished it

[quote=“BlakReaper, post:527, topic:535”]
Sakamoto desu ga <-----
[/quote]ehh i hated it, soe might like it

Fate/Zero
[/quote]ok

Death Parade
[/quote]sure

Mob Phsyco 100
[/quote]meh

Shingeki no Kyojin
[/quote]ehh

One Outs
[/quote]sure

Death Note
[/quote]yes

Boku no Hero
[/quote]not really, very stereotypical, although u don t have others of the sort here

Steins;Gate
[/quote]ure

Angel Beats
[/quote]ok

Just as Good:
Kakegurui
Gamers!
Space Dandy
Darker than Black
Overlord
saiki kusuo no psi nan
[/quote]ehhhh
not as good of a bunch

for new comers, i always recommend Fullmetal alchemist brotherhood, the only reason u wouldnt want it if u wanted romance/eechi/hentai. Death note is another good choice.

I watched every episode in 20 minutes, no good. D:

Tanaka was good!

I made that “must watch” section probably a bit too long. In a general viewing experience, I would say that a “must watch” for new anime viewers should include well known anime that has brought a face to the industry like Attack on Titan or Boku no Hero. There’s a reason why they got so popular even in the seasoned anime community. Also it should also have whatever you thought was a cut above the rest even if they were not that popular. I got my friend to watch a non well known show and he thought it was amazing.

@Scorchmist Damn, you and I have very different tastes. imo some of those were indisputably well above the rest to me. If you thought that about some on my list, then I’d like to hear your list.

finished gekkan shoujo nozaki-kun

now that school started watching anime got 10x harder :slight_smile:

Thanks for replying!

On the other hand I think it’s fine to have a personal ‘must watch’ list that people with similar tastes will absolutely love.

Problem is though, over time I’ve realized how varied peoples opinions on shows are. (Well if you argue/discuss enough about anime over the internet you’re bound to notice lmao) So very rarely do I find two people with similar taste. Never my own though, since I’ve enjoyed almost everything I’ve watched. (I actually quite liked the anime you mentioned, excluding the few I haven’t seen yet)

i feel so cheated the haganai ending was complete bs. HE DOESN’t EVEN DATE ANYONE!!! RIP SORA???

Get use to harems not having a satisfying ending

Noragami was pretty cool.

yes indeed. did you see the second season, too?

Anybody here watch gintama and can’t wait for the new season to come out which is coming out in around 2-3 weeks :D?