Anime Discussion Thread

I guess but I want to find something that’s a bit easier to force myself to not just watch all the episodes in 1 night

Non non biyori
K-on

I’ve seen both D:
Thanks tho

watching lucky star too, u see it?

I haven’t is it good?

i’m not finished myself, but its calm so far

Kakegurui:

Read the manga (like one of the only ones I’ve ever read) and seen half of the anime series. It fails as a gambling anime as it’s too ridiculous to take seriously, but still enjoyable to watch the MC do her thing. I wrote a lot more about it somewhere else at one point but that pretty much sums up my point.

As for the faces, sure they’re hard to look at but I never really minded it. You only ever see them when the characters show an ugly emotion, greed, lust jealously ect. for example so I found it fitting.

In haven’t seen anyone talk about Made in Abyss yet, easily one of the best this season. Second behind owarimonogatari imo.

This Season has been okay, Ignoring the fact that Owari is highly overrated (Yeah sorry, it ain’t a 9.2 and definitely not deserving of #2 best rating all time), top 5 are these this season.

Top 5 MAL Average Rating:

1. Boku No Hero Academia Season 2 8.8
  2. Made In Abyss 8.3
  3. Ballroom 8.1
  4. Classroom 8
  5. Shingeki Bahamut S2 7.8

My Top 5 This season:

1. Classroom of the Elite (Best Beginning)
  2. BNHA Season 2 (Kinda average, but good to watch)
  3. Restaurant to Another World (Underrated)
  4. Aho Girl (Best Comedy/short)
  5. Tsurezure Kids (Worst 2nd Half)

Honorary Mentions:
Gamers!!! (overrated, awarded for most amount of misunderstandings that take an entire season to figure out while also figuring out while why we still watch this shit after 3 months xd)
Smartphone (underrated, 6.5? wtf)
18if (mobile game, best abstract)
Ballroom (lots of still’s but people like it i guess)
Hajitime no gal (Decent last few eps)
Mahoutsukai no yomi (Ovas were good, anime is this fall!)
Youkai Apartments (Not that bad, Season 2 coming soon tho)

Dropped:
Kakegurui (seems like a lowkey sadistic hentai lmao)
Koi to uso (Biggest flop of the season)
Centaur no nanami (Grab a blanket and pillow, its boring as fuck)

Haven’t seen but are very good: Princess Principal, Made In Abyss (Saving both for this fall!)

I said somewhere up above once, but MALs rating means…very little

A community of weebs aren’t capable of objectively rating anything. It’s more likely that most of the ratings on there are way too biased from their personal enjoyment (which is why I do the same). So if you look at it like it’s a subjective list, calling anime under/overrated on it is really just wrong.

Take owari for example, it’s a series that has been airing for 8 years now. The only people watching it are the fans who stuck with it for years like myself and of course we, the fans would rate the conclusion of the series highly.

Yes boi. I want it to end though don’t really like the cliffhangers.

Same. Dropped it 8 mins in first ep. Wtf is going on

I caught up with some anime:

Classroom of the Elite:

Wow. A masterpiece. There’s so much juicy drama and mystery. But I am kind of biased toward anime with an underrated MC.

Gamers:

The beginning is pretty awful, but it starts to get interesting at around ep 3. It’s a cliche romance: OP girl and shitty MC, except they bond over video games. It’s sort of cheesy/cringy, and the character relationships are a fucking mess. They also spoil a lot of the anime at the beginning.

Currently Watching:

Masamune-kun Revenge

Masamune was a solid show, but the manga is easy to read and get into.

Personally though I see it being as a lesser toradora, but better then the average rom com

How do you see masamune being a “lesser toradora” LOL

They’re completely different kinds of shows. I mean toradora wasn’t even really a comedy (there’s humor in it but not at the level of nonsensical comedy masa is at), it at least tried to take itself seriously like an actual romance

I can kind of see what he means, though I don’t necessarily agree. The heroines are both women haters and badass.

@Castawayz I would have liked Toradora if it weren’t for the art style. Masamune is a lot brighter, which I prefer more. Toradora, to be frank, is bland and not sharp. It was still a very enjoyable show.

read a lot of manga recently. although i should be studying.

read inu-yashiki. its like death note without the mind battles, and more savage.Umm interesting b/c it has an old man as a MC. pretty good 8-9/10

not really too much of a spoiler, but read it, its pretty funny.

https://imgur.com/a/Z8ldq

https://imgur.com/a/4rGlc

blade of the immortal, shin angyo onashi and vagabond all seem super similar

onanie master kurosawa is about this masterbaturing dude, its actually about character development.

Just watched Kiss him not me, Never watched an otome before other then ouran, but this one seemed rather good, as its funny and enjoyable,
but rather unique that she supports BL rather then the normal romance routine haha.

Uh @Castawayz what’s ur mal I wanna add you :sunglasses:

The previous link doesnt work

@Wizybrain

My user is Castawayz

oh you changed your name on it right?

did people know this nub is a discord mod of mal

Probably not xd