Anime Discussion Thread

rotmg = gaming = life

So really

lol this actually mademe laugh also i finished tsurezure children in like 2 days wow binged (to be fair, it is 11 mins long per ep)

Hmmā€¦ if rotmg happened to be my work too, that would be awesome.

most of those were pretty mainsteam and werent that interesting

i personally enjoyed death parade, but its certainly not a show for everyone
AoT is generic and overated
one outs is pretty good, but i think death note does a better job. none the less a favourite of mine
death note is a good choice for all anime watches
boku no hero is insanely generic, its not very interesting either
steins gate i cant say much of it b/c the beginning was too slow for me
angel beats (which i watched like 5 years ago so i forgot most) is pretty flawed, its pacing and story and characters are kinda just a mess. although i did enjoy it and give it a 8/10
kakeguri i havent watched
gamers mc is terrible, and its a genre lots might not life
space dandy havent watched
darker than black has a pretty slow intro, and the general story isnt all that great ( cant remember it too well) i remember it being very confusing. although i did think i gave it a 8/10
overlord is in the ā€œmassively op mcā€ group, so not a must watch.
saiki kusuo idk of it

like shu said, people like different genres, but generally what i recommend to someone if they didnt tell me what they liked would be Fullmetal alchemist: brotherhood, since it has pretty much everything but romance. Sometimes i recommend SAO if the person doesnt seem like the intellitual type. Also death note is a pretty good choice for males.

[quote=ā€œShu, post:559, topic:535, full:trueā€]
Hmmmā€¦ well Edge of Tomorrow was a light novel adaptation and was decent
[/quote]lol i recently binged the manga, not realizing it was adapted as the movie which i watched, i thought it was a overused idea b/c of the movie, but then realized they were the same. although the mid to ends.

fall season, i got to say looks shit, even though i didnt finish anything in this current season. the only thing that seems ok is inutyashiki since i read the manga.

dont really like anime that much anymore, much into manga, the animes are all eechi or pretty generic, or just too slow for me. Although the older ones (pre 2012 ish) were still pretty good. But holy shit, most manga that im reading at seinen and dark or super gorey or inappropriate. Probably since they dont adapt those to anime, so thats all there is to read now.

Same, kind of. Instead of manga Iā€™m focusing on visual novels. Currently getting through the When They Cry series (very long, 4 ~50 hour+ VNs). Though, Iā€™ve been going through phases of doing one more than the other for several years now so doesnā€™t mean Iā€™ve stopped liking anime.

Recently watched: Chihayafuru, Full Metal Panic, Higashi no Eden and Arakawa Under the Bridge

Started watching Inuyasha, and now that the last season ended I can binge watch all the shows I said I started in the season list I made up above. (300 series completed hypeā€¦)

Moshi Moshi Moshi
Moshi Moshi Moshi

Moshi x100

Good ole arakawa days, hope you watch 2nd season

wow inyuasha, literally i rarely hear of it being mentioned.

it was the first anime i watched volunteerally, although i never finished the seperate series of 26 episodes since back then i only watched dubs.

[quote=ā€œShu, post:567, topic:535ā€]
Chihayafuru, Full Metal Panic, Higashi no Eden and Arakawa Under the Bridge
[/quote]i watched the first three so long ago, and the last recently, i ddint finish chihayafuru, i want to finish it one day.

i remember liking higashiā€™s art.

I recently tried to rewatched guilty crown, but oh my, the first episode was pretty bad, there were plot holes everywhere!!!
i remmember watching this in grade 8-9 (4-5 years ago) and i thought it was on the best animes ive seen, but for some reason only gave it a 8. rn if i watched through it, it probably wouldnt get a very good scoreā€¦

I saw that akame ga kill is getting a second season, then i thought about if jumping out the window would be enough to kill me. :joy:

Wasnā€™t even aware there was a second season of arakawa lol, but usually you can assume Iā€™ve watched series in its entirety (sequels/ovas ect.) if I say Iā€™ve watched it since I like to complete every anime I startā€¦even if I donā€™t like it (75 episodes of eureka 7 lmao)

And ay fuck yeah S2 of akame ga kill! Not saying it was a good show but I enjoyed that shit

actually pretty much everyone is surprised that arakawa has a 2nd season, especially in this day of 12 episode animes.

orange anime isnt the best. the manga is better imo

Forgot to hype here tooā€¦

For those of you that havenā€™t heard of it alreadyā€¦
A Certain Magical Index season 3 HYPE!!! Finally!!

railgun season 3 when tho

Wait seriously? I remember liking it a lot, both of the series went in different directions than I wanted it to though.

Gonna have to rewatch since I canā€™t remember it too well

Recently watched Perfect Blue and Jin-Roh. Both are really well-made movies, but rather bleak and unsettling. Would totally recommend to mature audiences.

I donā€™t know if it counts but I also watched Iranian A Scanner Darkly. Slightly less drugs, a lot more sharia law and prostitution. Pretty good movie too, if you donā€™t mind subs.

Been wanting to watch Perfect Blue, first time Iā€™m hearing of the other two. Iā€™ll check them out. (And hopefully most people here donā€™t mind subs lol)

So I finished most of last season.

Owarimonogatari: Wrote about it somewhere up above.

Princess Principal: Havenā€™t finished

Re: Creators: Feel like the plot turned into a mess half way. Couldnā€™t really care about the characters either. ĀÆ\_(惄)_/ĀÆ

Boku no Hero S2: The second season of a great shounen. While the first mainly focused on Dekus character development, but this season focuses a lot more on the supporting characters in the show. And the plot builds as we get several arcs, including the tourney arc, a training arc and the villain arc!

Aho Girl: A stupidly funny show

Made in Abyss: Great art, interesting story. Was hoping it was complete, now we have to wait for the sequel zzz

Gamers: Probably the best rom-com anime Iā€™ve seen in a while. Most rom-coms are either romance that happens to have comedy in it or vice versa, but the comedy revolves around the romance in this show.

Classroom of the Elite: There seemed to be a lot of hype around this at the start of the season. It had an interesting concept, but the quality of the show dropped aroundā€¦the pool episode. Assassination classroom did a much better job at having the lowest ranked class of an elite school climb the social status ladder to the top.

New Game: Cute girls doing cute things ect. ect.

Fate/Apocrypha: Also wrote about it above.

The series is only half over, itā€™s exactly what I expected it to be. Quality art (A1 pls) and epic servant fights. What else could you want?

Ballroom e Youkoso: A damn good show I hope a lot of people are watching. Ballroom dancing isnā€™t my thing (though my mom forced me to do it when I was a kid, the place I went to wasnā€™t half bad), but who cares. The shows just about a kid doing what he loves and the show keeps it interesting

Owarimongatari, Made in Abyss, Fate, Boku no Hero and Ballroom e Youkoso (in no particular order) were the best of the season IMO.

Now on to the next seasonā€¦(havenā€™t even looked at it yet)

Well skimmed through anichart for the new season, few titles I recognized caught my eye:

Gintama Porori-hen: Season 6 hype

Mahoutsukai no Yome: I thought this was suppose to be airing last seasonā€¦ @Scorchmist

(later said the ā€œfantasy nice art oneā€ was Mahoutsukai no Yome when I asked)

You were probably talking about the 3 ep OVA, but still got confused when I saw it in this season and remembered xd

Shokugeki no Souma: San no Sara: Master chef the anime S3

Kekkai Sensen & Beyond: Had a unique first season

Dies irae: This is a pretty hyped in the visual novel community. There was a kick starter to translate the VN into english ages ago (~60 hours VN), and after a year+ itā€™s finally been localised. Which is why the anime is going to be terrible. Very rarely do visual novels get a good adaptationā€¦(11 eyes, chaos child, when they cry 3, rewrite, Grisaia ;_:wink: mostly the damn length is way too long. It ends up squished down, cutting off all the good parts and rushed.

wellā€¦ the futherst i got into any anime last season was like 5 eps. none of them were super amazing for me

[quote=ā€œShu, post:580, topic:535ā€]
Mahoutsukai no Yome: I thought this was suppose to be airing last seasonā€¦ @Scorchmist
[/quote]yes i forgot, since it was actually listed last season, i relooked and i think i found 2-3 more that sounded good (just because! sounds decently promising, although not my favourite genre.

Shoujo Shuumatsu Ryokou sounds nice, probably a 7-8
Dies Irae sounds like it has potential but idk, it could easily turn into utter trash
Ousama Game The Animation sounds insanely generic, but i guess might be a decent watch probably gonna be a 7 ish
inyuashiki is the only manga that ive read before the anime coming out, so i dont think ill watch it, although probably a 7 ish
black clover after hearing about it before naruto 2.0, really demotivates me, but i guess ill watch it, but itll probably crash and fail utterly, prediciting a 5 ish for me.
Kino no Tabi: The Beautiful World - The Animated Series sounds ok, i havent watched the original yet
evil or live, i missed this since it was pushed down to the bottom of the seasons (usually meaning its bad) sounds ok, gives a deadman wonderland feel.
Garo__Vanishing_Line sounds pretty bad, but maybe a 5-6

its kinda sad that none of the 2nd /3rd seasons r anime that i have watched/watch.

it doesnt really even matter anyways since i wont have time. although i have a 5 day weekend so i might have a bit of free time

kujira no kora wa sojou has potentional, i really liked the first episode, its very not populat rn
ofc that magical one is doing pretty good
that chinese one quanzhi fashi is actually pretty ok too, if you dont think too much, although its art is of like 10 years ago even thought it was made in 2016 and 2017

i read black clover, that was ok too.

yeah i should do more hw