Anime Discussion Thread

it’s "hot"headed sentimental manchild versus an edgy exploding asshole with a backstory, so they’re not exactly comparable in the first place.

“Lord Explosion Murder”

Fairy Tail feels even more repetitive if you’ve already read Rave Master, the previous manga made by the same author.

Back then, I thought: “I’ve just finished reading 35 tomes of this, I don’t really need to go for another 30 or 40 of exactly the same thing.”

I have a bit of a soft spot for sports anime because the first proper anime I ever watched Kuruko no Basuke. Since then I’ve watched most of Haikyuu, most of Pedal, and I’m onto Hanebado right now. To be honest the 3 former really started to drag on in the later seasons, which is why I gave up on 2 of them.

I’ve also watched Euphonium!, which I found entertaining. As a music student I can say that every note played in a piece is accurately animated. Very interesting.

I watched all of K-On a couple summers ago but I can say that it was more because I wanted to have something to watch and nothing else caught my fancy.

I loved OPM s1, and have been intermittently reading the manga. Hype for s2!

I really enjoyed Kobayashi, I might be watching more Alice if life type things because of it. Is there an s2 planned?

I’ve watched scattered episodes of other anime, I also watched one called Iaekai from Another Dimension (I think that’s what it’s called) which is half food anime half cooking show. Oh yeah, I’m almost up to date on Shokugeki too. But that one’s a bit weird.

All-in all, my anime experience has been pretty damn good!

SE is quite interesting, and also as a music student I can personally say it’s quite realistic

I was rather put off by Kobayashi, but it had an interesting premise.

Huh, never watched Shokugeki no soma…

I’d say it’s worth the watch, similarly with sports anime takes the shounen tournament battle formula and applies it to masterchef styled cook-off competitions. Though it kind of drags on for a while and gets a bit old.

This would be my second time posting a Gigguk video in the span of 3 comments, but his most recent video sums up my feelings about sports anime and goes further

At first I had no interest in sports anime, but I eventually gave a few a shot and ending up loving the genre. My first (sports anime) was Kuroko no Basket too @ArexRew. I know some people found the super powers so over the top that it ruined it for them, but personally that’s one of the things I loved about it. It’s something that only really works in anime, and it raises the stakes of the fights (matches) therefore making it more exciting to watch.

Starting (A place farther than the universe), hope it goes well

also what the fuck is going on with these kids being able to do whatever the fuck they want. First they drive tanks, then they work for the fucking government, and then now they get to go to fucking Antartica. NANI?!

In order: Girls und Panzer, FullMetal Alchemist: Brotherhood/SAO/AsC and < you know what >

2 Days Left For Part 5

I’m hyped
David Production don’t let me down

what anime lol

damn jojo’s part 5 already?

What do you mean, “already”? Manga Part 5 was published 20 years ago!

I’m sorry Rmg. Clearly I have done wrong and to repent here’s a cookie :cookie:

P.S I realize that.

Did you mean already as in “so soon after ¨Part 4”?

Because in that case yeah, that might be the fastest they’ve ever gotten from adapting one part to the next.

Ok lol you got the idea. That’s what I meant. But I didn’t want to insult the president of Canada

Now that Scorch is back, that’s more of an honorary title than anything.

I almost hope Trump will still be in office when they start adapting Part 7. The memes should be glorious.

QUe?? I’m sorry I’m not that big of a fan but why would there be trump memes…

Because Part 7 takes place in America and has a blond guy as the President of the US.

I’ll have to take your word for it :joy::joy::joy: