Are you ready for the new BARD class?

So how come this exploit hasn’t been called out already among a more trusted group of individuals who care more about the health of the game than some meaningless numbers on their characters?
I don’t mean that as a personal attack.

And you got this information how, exactly?

I was not aware of any such group being aware of it.

That was on me - with that statement, I meant that I presumed that this information was in only a select few’s hands.

probably because Deca’s stupid and instead do:

SHould have been saving epic quest chests for the fame then to suicide

For those looking for more info on what “boating” means and the effect that such hacks have on fame gain and other parts of the game at large, here’s a recent video that will provide additional perspective:

You might have to open the video in a new tab for this to work.

One thing I’m happy with in the upcoming update

sorry to be a downer, but unless this extensive discussion has all taken place in the time window of “last two weeks” (and based on your first comment on this thread I’m guessing that isn’t the case), I can confirm that the testing channel used for cheater/exploit reports (the very same one used for the ghost realm incident last year) has been deserted for months at a time with no discussion of anything whatsoever. so whatever it is you guys are doing to promote this issue, something isn’t getting through. you may need to try something else to get deca’s attention.

I did mention that if it happened within the last two weeks I wouldn’t know about it because that’s when I left. if it happened any earlier than that then I’m not lying that I do not recall it being mention in that channel ever because that was one of the few channels I didn’t have muted in the months leading up to my resignation. whoever you’re getting your information from should double check their dates and/or sources because while I confess my memory isn’t 100% infallible, I would not have forgotten something about this.

I stopped watching when he said “lack of prevention from the game developers”. Yes, they have done nothing at all, everyone who wants to use a hacked Flash client cam do so easily, nothing is going to change to make it difficult for them. Like, er, Unity?

The port to Unity was announced a long time ago. Anyone in 2020 claiming developers are doing nothing is just trolling.

that video contains footage of a hacked unity client.

It’s really important to watch the entire video before making a comment on it. It causes a lot of misunderstanding.

I’ve been using those on my rogue, to get some fame boost, plus maxing my current characters faster. Maybe I should use my only 7/8 for something else, but I want my bard to be a more active character, so I can truly get the experience of playing with one for a while.

I find it sad that Bard won’t be playable on Flash, but I wish they still let people use it. In my opinion it’s too early to get rid of the flash version. Even though I have an overall smoother performance I do get more crashes with exalt still.

It’s pretty absurd how spaghetti the game can be in securing some areas. How come you can join a realm IP or portal directly using its IP even if they don’t exist in the nexus as he shows in the video? How come it lets you join a portal that your character isn’t even next to… that’s some very basic stuff, you know.

Boating? That’s got nothing on duping chests…

We can see the announcement on Flash at least :smile: :

But serious point,… is it that once you create a Bard, you are going to be unable to play using Flash?

Or is it that you can create a Bard on Exalt, and play it on Exalt, but still be able to play on your other characters using Flash?

I’m going back to school when bard comes out :pepecry:

The video causes a lot of misunderstanding? I am not suprised. 20 minutes is a long as many television programs and I have no interest in sitting through all of it when it starts off with such a misleading statement.

I have already made my views on this clear: although Unity will not end hacking entirely it will become much harder, so much so that I doubt it will ever happen on the same scale again. And it is far too early to be judging it, based on the current Unity client. It’s quite possible, likely even, that hacking prevention measures have not been enabled yet. There are many reasons for this but the simplest is there’s no point trying to aggressively stop hackers now when they can just switch to the Flash client.

Sure some shitty niche hacks like straight cult staff might not exist now, but that’s not why cheating is an issue. The core feature already exist and are extremely fleshed out already (autonexus, autoaim, no client debuffs, etc).

It will always be bypassed, that’s the nature of cheaters.

Yeah sure, because changing policies takes so much effort.

What I meant was, not absorbing someone’s entire statement before responding -> causes a lot of misunderstanding. I’m guilty of this and I end up saying really dumb things.

I swear, it’s impossible for me to get a message across unless I spend literally 10 minutes per sentence