Assassin Debuff

Well he did say IMO. You both got your opinion out and he already answered the question before you asked it

I understand what you’re saying though. The ninja is actually quite powerful despite being such a hated class, same for the priest (powerful in the sense of heals and support). I honestly think the assassin would be funner with a buff, but instead of damage, in time. The most painful part of playing the assassin is the amount of time it takes to get damage off with the ability you rely so much on, so perhaps adding more damage overall or lowering the time it takes for the poison to complete it’s maximum potential would make it less painful to play on?

I actually don’t think he got his opinion out and I still want to know, but maybe I didn’t ask properly.

@Mynamerr, do you think that a simple damage buff to the assassin’s poison is enough to make him more fun to play?

Yes, I know you’re asking Mynamerr, but a simple damage buff would also make the poison act quicker unless you made it take more time to reach maximum potential. If that’s what you’re going for, I do believe I would enjoy the class much more.

No

Increasing the total damage of the poison does not change Assassin gameplay in any way.

Better strategic decisions might involve experimenting with the toss duration, damage tick pattern, or for example introducing a poison that applies a single tick of moderate to high damage.

I personally think of assassin as one of the best classes. I would only do one thing to it, give it more mana. Its ability is really good its stats are pretty good and when used correctly it is overpowered. If given just a little more mana this class would be on par with the knight imo. It has the highest dps of all dagger classes (I think) and you can damage during invincibility, but ppl still say:

Sure the sin is no wizard or knight or warrior dps wise but it is a fun class that can be very good if you know how to use the poison.

Poison buff

How many more points of mana suit the assassin do you think?

I would say 252 ----> 280 - 300

How would that help it though?

It would make it so that when you have a full mana bar, you can get more out of it

Every little bit counts!

With a decent pet and 300 mp you could get 3 consecutive poisons rather than 2.

Well with divine or really any pet that heals MP that extra can’t do that much.

You would only need 30 extra mp, between pet and wis it should work out before your second one runs out :stuck_out_tongue:

But with a divine pet, there really is no need. Your MP would regen extremely quickly.

assassin is garbage, ONLY place where it’s good is wc and extremely small ffa tombs. otherwise other classes do his job so much better.

So it was created so that there’d be that one garbage class that no one plays and has no point in playing because it was created only for WC and FFA tombs?
I Disagree.

No it was created before pets and at that time it was a decent class. now it does everything slower then the rest and is comparatively boring.

stop

Of course the assassin has better stats and damage, because unlike the other 2 dagger classes he has no escape mechanism. His dps with dagger alone isn’t the best in the game, far less than staff classes or a warrior or paladin with good gear. And if you’re not the top 1% of players with a divine magic heal pet, you only get about 2-4 poisons in on a boss or chest, assuming your max mana at with some sort of mana increasing gear