Automatically Closing Threads

So I’ve seen a lot of threads that have been automatically closed because no one replied in 60 days. I also see a lot of threads that haven’t had a reply in months (or way more than 60 days), but they are still not-closed, and I’ve recently bumped some of them (never thought I’ve seen the “four months later” thing). My question is why are they not closed yet? Are they “special” in a way?

We just forgot to turn on the auto-close rule in a couple places. No harm having them remain out there, it’s more a anti-necroposting measure than anything.

Which, as far as I’m aware, hasn’t been a big issue on this forums, except uh…

Vector ahem.

oh no, pls don’t ban me for posting a lot about necros, come on they’re my fav class, pls Doc don’t start being classist! :wink:

On-topic: I honastly don’t know why they don’t close, refer to Doc :stuck_out_tongue:

i dont get whats wrong with necroposting

What is that?

“Necroposting” or “necrobumping” is when you respond to a long-dead thread.

This is generally considered disruptive because that particular conversation is done (that’s why the activity died out in the first place), and trying to keep it going is a bit like beating a dead horse. In addition, depending on how old the thread is, some of the information in the thread might not even be accurate any more–this was a bigger problem on the Kabam forums where people would respond to the oldest threads they could find, just for the lulz.

If a thread has died out and you still want to weigh in, it’s far better to just start a new thread and try to breath fresh life into the conversation.

Oh
I think I’ve done that before.
Well I won’t do it again then.

Well what about stuff like guild recruiting where sometimes people don’t apply for a few months and then all the sudden start applying? I mean, if the poster wants to stop recruiting pernametly, he could always close the thread himself.

In practice that almost never happens. We figure if someone is actively recruiting they would bump their thread for visibility, which we encourage in the sticky.

Sometimes it wasn’t for the lulz though ;c

sometimes posts were just necro’d because the Kebab forums were dying.

FTFY

bu…but…
We always have our Trustees Forum Bumper Ointment

I just need to find the post and…

wait…

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.