B.O.W. dps

Got my first B.O.W. from HTT last night and was testing it out today… Does Haizor calculate burst weapons correctly? When I put B.O.W. in the dps calculator (on my phone now, may add an image later) it appears to have better dps than void and even pred (if you are only hitting the front 3 shots) and only pred beats with 3 shots when you account for double buffs (since berserk basically doesn’t affect burst weps). I know no one plays bow classes (myself included), but is this actually one of the best bows, and pretty definitively the best for solo? It did shred through gods when I messed with it this morning, even when I wasn’t hitting all shots in the burst.

I’m pretty sure it is correct. Plugging in 0 attack for an archer with B.O.W, it gives a DPS of 1025 on Haizor. With my own calculations, I get ((82.5/2)* 5 * 3)/0.6 = 1031.25. Pretty close. 25 attack Haizor returns 2050. I get ((82.5)* 5 * 3)/0.6 = 2062.5. Pretty close again. (Actually, this is assuming that 50 dex is enough for hit the burst delay cap. I honestly don’t know if this is true.)

The equation is ((Weapon Damage)(Shot Count)(Burst Count))/(Burst Delay)

It is off by just a little bit it seems for burst weapons. DPS with the STAFF is very easy to calculate. (Weapon damage) * 10. WIth 25 attack, we get 175*10 to get 1750 DPS. Haizor returns 1745 DPS though…

I think that it is close enough though. Inputting ridiculously high dex doesn’t affect burst weapons, and neither does berserk which Haizor models just fine. I trust it.

On to the next question- is this one of the best bows? Well, with a true range of only 1.54… I would say no. It is a great bow for clearing, but if you are trying to get the most DPS out of it then you basically have to sit on enemies for it. You would have to stay in pre-buff void quiver range 24/7 to get all the damage off from this bow. Good luck with that. Also probably not worth using if you have berserk/dex boosting gear.

Honestly I think you get more utility out of Pred bow. You can sit on things for max DPS, or still get good DPS with 3 shots. B.O.W. is like an in between of the 2 use cases for Pred bow, but it doesn’t scale with berserk. Cool weapon though

I really like B.O.W, its unique and fun, even if its slightly awkward to use. I really like using it in glands, it shreds god walls for breakfast. I think the arc gap could be a bit smaller just to give it a bit better effective ranges, but its still great.

Many thanks, man! Until I get another void bow I think I’ll use it as a swap with pred (and maybe leaf?) to get chip damage on O3 from a mile away and rotating void (lingering shots= easier to hit them all from a range if you shoot them in a line, at least if chipper has taught me anything). From my limited use it is definitely being slept on. I hear people bring up S.T.A.F.F., but I’ve truly never heard anyone mention this.

Honestly it seems to be a really good bow to use for staggers, mainly Beisa or Gemsbok since they last so little. It would work on o3 pretty well, too! Just be mindful and only go for 2 bursts!

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.