Being 'kind'

HFLEHFLHFLHLEHTSASHHSCVF

WHY MUST HELPING NEWBS BE SO HARD :cry:

At least now they’re alive and well, ran a few dungeons with @Kronosis and invited them to join the forums. Standard procedures and that :slightly_smiling_face:

How do I teach someone new to the game efficiently? It took the span of about 5 deaths of theirs for me to teach them enough for them to get by…

newbies be noobies

Helping them get an uncommon heal pet is probably the best thing you could do for a new player.

I am actually in the process of getting them pet eggs funnily enough. However they don’t know a lot of the core game mechanics and I’m just wondering what to start with

This is how one is taught

This is the greatest teacher, it teaches both light blue stars and white stars new lessons and will teach those from yesterday and those from the first day of RotMG

When I try to teach a light blue he say hes a white star and I’m a red bitch who doesn’t mind there own business. Hmmm?

The first task of the teacher is to find a student. Not everyone wants to be taught.

have them die more
dying is how u learn from mistakes

if they quit that’s fine, this game isn’t meant for them
if they turn to hax, well, jokes on them, they’re ruining the fun for themselves

You should be the next Confucius

You can explain to them the way the game works night and day but the best way to get good at this game is with lots of experience. As they die they will eventually learn not to die the same way and learn not to die in ways similar to it.
“Success does not consist in never making mistakes but in never making the same one a second time.” - George Bernard Shaw

I lost my first 7/8 giving a lecture about proper pet protocols to a newbie in the middle of a cemetery. :sunglasses:

noob /s

lost my first really good character to afk in a guild cem after I told my guildies to not ready up until I was back from the bathroom :frowning:

why would you do that?

If I were in that cem I would have guarded you with my life

Usually if I see a noob who needs help I redirect them to the forums but also Bluenoser’s and Talwar’s guides. Those are what really got me into understanding the game.

That’s a good idea, I’ll do that next time I play with them on realm

Also they got a good heal/mheal/electric pet the other day, I’m slightly jealous

I recommend them to bluenoser’s guide and bickurbox12’s guide videos.

I also try giving any advice off the top of my head, and see if I have any gear lying about, something in particularly high in defense or health.

Also tell them about the experimental options so that they don’t turn away from the game because of lag as quickly.

Convincing them to use off-center with camera rotation is also a good idea.

are they though?

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.