BP's may as well be boss specific if the items require marks

I just got the dammah blueprint from Lost Halls, so of course the first thing I did was rush to my forge to craft a genesis spell - but then I’m notified that I need an O3 mark to craft the item, on top of the crafting materials? What lol?

What’s the point of making Lost Halls drop O3 blueprints, if in order to craft these O3 items I’ll need to successfully clear an O3 and get a mark? The only thing I can think is that LH may be more easily accessible thus easier to get the blueprints, but that doesn’t make much sense because you still need to run an O3 anyway and get a mark lol.

You may as well make it so bosses can only drop THEIR blueprints, since you’ll need their mark anyway to craft it. If someone can find a reason as to why these BP’s drop in other places that you cannot also get the mark you need from, clue me in cause I can’t find a reason for it

Last I heard, it was to ensure that you were actually running the dungeon that dropped the loot. It’s an infinite supply of the item, but forging items can be easily abused by finding the easiest solution possible.

Not saying that I support keeping the system or dropping it, but it’s definitely effective.

I understand the point of marks being required, that’s not what I’m talking about lol. I’m talking about other dungeons dropping these BP, despite needing to run the specific dungeon anyway for the mark. May as well make the BP’s dungeon exclusive since you need the mark anyway

I see. In that case, why would you want to limit the drop locations of blueprints? They’re already not super common drops as it is. Even if you get duplicates, they can help as fp for some or forge-fire replenishing. Sure, it’s not the most logical choice when you argue in light of specific mark necessity, but it sure doesn’t hurt anything to have them spawn more.

I just think they should remove the blueprints altogether and have the mark requirements, but I think I’m in the minority for that one… but yeah I think if there is a blueprint it should drop from whatever drops the item.

I agree. Blueprints are fucked. I shouldn’t be gated by a rare drop to exchange my rare items. Also, it is absurd that O3 mini-boss items drop from the void. Like wtf??? It’s just so random. I expected it to draw from a pool of blueprints or be boss specific, but no its just some arbitrary assignments that make no sense at all

Would… you rather go back to where we were before? You can personally choose to leave the blueprints to rot on the ground, but it’s just bonus fodder. They are literally an extra shot at loot, and a decent way to show access to convert your trash for something you might want.

If it’s not to your liking, just ignore it and wait for the natural drops! :wink:

I think they made the right call having them drop more widely than just the boss that drops the item. One reason is you couldn’t have blueprints with multiple items from different bosses, which would make individual blueprints much less rewarding; in many cases they would contain just one item, such as Candy Coated Armor.

Or even none: O2 has no whites so cannot drop a BP for items he drops.

It also means that if you are playing in such a way to mostly fight one BP-dropping boss you don’t just keep getting the same BP. Item forging is supposed to relive the grind of doing the same event/dungeon over and over again until you get a particular drop; if you had to grind the same event/dungeon to get the BP for that drop it would not be much of an improvement.

I did not expect them to require blueprints. I imagined you have all UTs unlocked from the start, and simply would need enough other UTs to make them. But I think they work well, they make the system more engaging – you have various ways to get blueprints, and as you get them you have to think carefully about whether to forge away with the ones you have or wait until you get more blueprints, maybe unlocking more desirable items.

A bonus of the system, too, is that you can reasonably give players the chance to get event-specific items as well - see the new Oryxmas UTs getting a blueprint.
The same could be done for things like the Alien Cores, Easter reskins, etc.; it gives a little bit of diversity to the system.

Admittedly, blueprints dropping from bosses that don’t drop said items is a bit strange and counter-intuitive, but like Skandling said, it prevents needing to only do the dungeon that drops said item to get it. Needing marks then counters being able to just straight up avoid doing said dungeon.
This obviously works better for lategame dungeons such as Tomb, Temple, Trench, etc., since those all have fairly even skill levels.
The endgame, however, is just a bit…muddled. You’ll nearly never get a public MBC, let alone a public Void run as often as a public Nest run.
It makes the entire situation extra complicated, since it’s one thing to be able to do a Void, but it’s another to do O3.

A reminder that you can also buy blueprints from the Nexus for fame.

I think they’re implemented really well, marks are guaranteed so you only have to do a single o3 for the mark and you can craft your endgame white. I don’t see how this is an issue.

• Blueprints that give items belonging to Exaltation dungeons can now only be obtained from their specific Dungeons.

According to the most recent patch notes, they have partially adopted the precept of this thread, it would appear! Your wish is partially granted.

Finally some logic to where they drop from. I’m glad DECA realized their mistake

They should take another look at the crystal whites though…They are not O3 white tier IMO. Also, it’s pretty interesting how the crystal whites cost more to craft when it is an easier dungeon than fungal. It’s so backwards. Fungal has all the meta/game changing whites and is harder, whereas crystal is easier and has mostly trash whites.

See, Crystal is just the very extensive Treasure Room for Fungal ;)
For real though, I hope they tackle the Crystal Cavern more extensively in a future update…

Yeah I hate the crystal cavern fight. Feels like it’s just a ton of bullets you have to heal through.

Farm low rank bp for 500 fame points and easy rank up your pet.
Dropping bp from others dungeons is not that bad, because you will need, at least, 3 itens of the same rank to get what you want on the forge

My issue isn’t the mark itself, it’s the fact that it drops (or dropped now, this was fixed) in an area where you couldn’t acquire all of the ingredients to craft it. Did you read the thread? lul

Good change IMO! I just thought the old version of these BP’s was odd because me (and I’m sure others) got these blueprints in LH, ecstatic to go craft their new item, just to find out “gotcha! you still need a mark in this other dungeon for it” lol

Well, in all due respect, DECA did allude that that was going to be a thing, found here in one the first explanations of the (then) upcoming system back in December, and repeated it more times since. If players didn’t read the updates (or skimmed through them hastily) and were surprised by the requirements, I’d say that’s on them.

Here’s the relevant excerpt:

Lastly, certain items are particularly picky. They might or might not be expensive in material requirements, but they might require certain items to be dismantled. Marks will sometimes be required to craft these particular items, and they are usually related to the origins of the item itself.

I didn’t start playing again until about three weeks ago so yeah, explains why I missed that. Inversely however, I don’t think a whole lot of returning players to games go back and read up on all the updates that happened while they were gone - I kinda just heard about major stuff, like runes, but not the fine details.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.