Burning Out Dillema

Recently, I have gained the skill set needed to max out 6/8 quite regularly, and I’ve been trying to max out 7/8 and beyond but… something has changed.

I used to play RoTMG as all kinds of classes, but never extending beyond a 200 fame, not drinking any pot I come across, but that’s easily my fondest memories of playing Realm. Dying every couple of hours, even 3 times daily, but I enjoyed the cycle.

Now, trying to find a tomb/cdepth/shatter/OT is just not as fun… Doing the dungeons are fun, but finding them is quite the hassle. I haven’t even hit the skill ceiling yet, but I feel afraid of going out with my 6/8s…

Can somebody guide my soul to where it should be? I’m starting to stray to other online games :cry:

truth is, the game becomes quite boring. i didnt really experience the “funniest times” since i kinda skipped over most of it with merching.

But things like: make ytube channel/stream, get every white, be Arkani 2.0, most # of ____, get a ton of alts and get them into top guilds, ppes, npes, soloing shatters, making ideas, trying to become a tester through ideas/sprites. Make a guild.

There is nothing wrong with burning out on realm I know I myself rotate between a few different games and when I get burnt out on one I rotate to the next in the lineup for about a month until I get sick of that game. Just do what you find fun, eventually you will come back to realm if you truly enjoy it.

Aye you see, I’m dumb and keep coming back. I’ve literally taken year-long or 3-month breaks from this bloody game.

I guess I want my moneys worth.

Also to be fair, I find it oddly relaxing to listen to like, Flume, while casually playing or farming godlands.

If you don’t want to risk your 6/8’s then go back into the cycle but merching the pots you get into mana and life.

kill them with fire

Change your style. I used to never rush. And was getting bored, so now I do and its fun again. I agree with the music. I love cranking up some awesome music and rushing dungeons. Hell, just take a break. It’s a game not an obligation.

Quality vodka won’t taste like quality if you drink it like water. Play other games, read a book, find a new show to watch and in between play a little realm.

classic case of monkey-see, monkey-do

why don’t you go back to playing the way you used to? i know a few “pros” who aren’t easily influenced by people, and continue playing their own way, avoiding difficult dungeons, ignoring events altogether, and just sticking to glands, and the easier dungeons like lab, cem, udl, etc.
people might call their playstyle “boring”, but they’re some of the smartest people i know, and i’ve never heard them complain about how boring rotmg is, because they’re in their “zone”

what happened to you was, you kept seeing a hyped up chat repeating the words “TOMB” and “TRENCH” until they became a fixture of your own eventually, when you might not even be as interested in these things you do as you think you do… eventually, you’re just doing them outta habit without thinking twice about it, almost as if you don’t realize you have the option to pass

these were very specific examples, but they’re applicable to everyone this happens to from my time observing people, including myself, and how they change, rearranging what’s important and what’s not anymore

everything’s optional, nothing’s a goal in rotmg is the big takeaway here

ok kid dont be afraid to die
ur supposed to have fun :man_facepalming:

i mean i have no use for pots either but u have all 6/8s so sell it for stuff and get better

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.