Buy back characters currently unfinished because im new :/ (Give it a chance(It is gold and fame))!

Nope.

Offtop, but I’d rather keep it here.

Only 146k fame and ~460 Prots, assuming best case scenario. Not sure how often is often, but that’s quite a bit of both fame and feed power. Wouldn’t call it “quite easy”.

Some one here did a less then cannon way of getting his “legit” pet and has a scewd view on how easy it is to get one.

It is totally possible to get to at 90/90, but that requires a fuckton more and is in no way easy. Getting to rare is more realistic.

HAHAHA that was a thing?! Omg how did I miss it, classic

Not sure how the fame train’s power is these days, but compared to the age(age of account) of many players who say “omg pets r impossible 2 get without gold”, it’s quite feasible.

I’m going to calculate fame training vs only 500 fp items and fame.

8 common pets - 40 items, 400 fame, 1200 in fusion costs

4 uncommon pets (maxed 2nd ability) - 132 items, 3960 fame, 2000 in fusion costs

2 rare pets (maxed 2nd ability) - 246 items, 24600 fame, 4000 in fusion costs

legendary (maxed 2nd ability) - 571 items, 199850 fame

All together, ~ 236k fame and 989 items

So, assuming you were super unlucky and didn’t get a 500+ item from a drop in your life, the cost for 989 items would be, a decent amount.

(consider this was in the past) treasures were constantly available for 2-ish def.

So, let’s just consider it to be 2k def. (although vit was 2:1, let’s consider it 3:1).

You’d have to do 1500 abysses. Now, from my calculation, at doing abysses with a spd-only maxed warrior with no pet, it should take you 5 minutes per abyss.(assuming you’re horrible at the game and never improve)(constantly assuming the player completely sucks)

So, 7500 minutes. 125 hours.

Now, the fame part, from my limited experience, getting a character to 225 fame and suiciding get about 1500-2000 fame an hour. (if you got bonuses correctly).

So, assuming it’s 1500 an hour, you’d need to fame train… 157 1/3 hours of fame training.

So, the worst possible player (that doesn’t waste time complaining) would be able to get a 90/90 pet in > 283 hours.

So, working on it an average of one hour per day, and assuming the worst, you could get a good pet within a year.

Most people’s accounts are older than this.

"But what if i don’t want to spend hundreds of hours to get it?!?!?! :frowning: "

Son, if you don’t have hundreds of hours to waste, MMORPGs are probably not for you.

What happened to you being a troll?

You’ve been on the forums for 3 days and are already in my top 5 most hearted members

Same thing that happened to me. Lots of changes, good and bad.

But isn’t dying a part of the game?

Well, according to most people, so is P2W.

So the whole “part of the game” argument can be used in the opposite way.

You didn’t take into account few factors, that would make a difference (the rest is all good).

Players that don’t have good pets are often players, who don’t buy gold. That means they’re most likely running around with one char slot and one chest (now two, thanks to Deca). Even assuming someone has 2 slots and 2 chests (so they’d be able to farm Abysses and fametrain), that would still leave them with only 24 inventory spaces (12 Abysses worth of loot).

They could of course switch to the fame-farming character in case of full inventory, but then again - every time they leave train realm, they won’t get in for a while (if ever).

Feed power isn’t that easy to get anymore (be it through farming or trading), cause way too many people don’t even bother picking that shit up, since it’s rarely sellable and the prices are messed up.

Another issue would be fame-farming. That’s not exactly playing. It’s a stupidly annoying “chore” if someone wants to be efficient.

I understand that maxing a pet with fame is a viable option and I can roll with farming Abysses all day long, but saying that running like a headless chicken and constantly suiciding for ~160 hours is “quite easy” is a little much. It’s easy on paper. Now go and run in fametrain day after day.

If getting feed items and trading wasn’t such a pain, I’d actually try this scenario of Yours.

Then that player could get a 70/70 pet by playing the game " " " normally " " ".

295 items(worst case scenario) and less than 20k fame(worst case scenario).

Getting fame with a 70/70 pet wouldn’t be the worst thing in the world. If you save pots on mules so you can always insta-remax with a 70/70 pet will get you fame at a decent pace.

After playing with a crappy pet and going on that journey to get that better pet, they’ll develope dodging skills.

I mean, if you had to, you could play the game with a 70/70 pet and keep up with someone with a 100 100 pet in most scenarios. Although skill and knowing how to play smart will be absolutely necessary.

Although it’s just one dungeon, on average, comparing my average abyss times of when i had a 70/70 pet using a warrior vs having a 100 100 pet, my time was only 5 seconds faster on average.

What i really hate is that because of 1 vault you can only hold 8 UTs for future use. Personally, i’d add an NPC “Sneaky Dekey”. He’s a nasty rogue who will take your UTs and give it back to you the next day. And if you leave him hanging for more than a week for a UT, he takes it for himself. (only available to those who have less than 4 vaults, since a scammer never would want to scam someone stronger than themselves). Would also add incentive not to get banned for a week.

But honestly, being a “f2p” player just means you can’t do really stupid things, in terms of pets.

I have a 70 65 pet and I’ve been playing for less than a year without feeding any 1k+ feed items(2 ambrosias are exception) and I have been playing less than a year, really, it’s not that hard.

i completely sand against this idea. This is literally char reviving and 100% pure p2w, which by now we need to stay away from as far as possible (which is hard considering how much p2w kabam converted this game to). The main concept of rotmg is that if you loose, you loose everything and never get it back, a concept of char reviving is already bullshit, requiring realm money to do it is disowning.

Also, seeing that you’ve only started this game two months ago, I wouldn’t suggest ideas untill you get more experience in the game.

This idea has potential, but there is one major problem.

##This idea encourages Pay to Win.

You are pretty much asking that people must pay real money to get their characters back.

I mean, you are new, and this is understandable. The question is - how would this idea affect the community?

Deca would most likely disregard this idea.

You have thought this idea well - I admire you for that. BUT this idea undermines the main purpose of this game - Permanent death.

Just remember: everyone has gone through this phase, where they die so many times. You will overcome this phase. Just keep practicing!

But if you insist on sticking to your idea, try to balance it out more. Pay more based on how much fame you have, but you end up with 0 fame when you get it back? This will balance it a little more.

##Keep expanding on your idea.

It’s okay guys, we already trashed on this idea. No need to kick a person that’s already been beaten down. (I’m sure he understands why reviving characters isn’t a good idea for RotMG by now.)

@sidnay read that

also, intersesting, havent seen this topic before

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.