Cave of Resurrection

I’m saying that multiple aspects of this idea point to Christian ideas. There are multiple times in which Jesus and/or God is referred to as the King or especially Lord, and when you hear the term “the lord” without context, you’ll typically think of God through the many prayers that refer to him this way.
Also,

I was pointing these things out because I know that many people would be mad to see this in the game if my interpretation is the correct one. I was simply pointing that out and explaining my reasoning.

[quote=“ItsLALM, post:10, topic:5472”]I’m pretty sure in an official idem description it says something about angels.

After reading some descriptions the description of morning star mentions angels.

Ohh look recomp has both heaven and angels in its description!
[/quote]

Referring to Christian ideas was never the controversial part. The controversial part was killing Jesus from my interpretation.

Oh so that’s what your worried about,

Well to that I have no rebuttal other then I highly doubt people would care much.

I know that most people wouldn’t care, but from a business standpoint, I doubt it’d be worth the risk to release something like this when you could release other concepts that may be much better.

So for you, Jesus is a black ghost thing in a red cape who lives on the Moon? Which version of the Bible did you read???

Nice of you to put sprites and stats on everything. It’s just a shame almost every sprite is just a reskin of an already existing one, and the few original creations don’t really look so good.

So Staff/Bow/Wand classes can destroy this event with complete impunity, since the bulk of its projectiles will never reach them?

Then how do you get off of it?

How are we supposed to dodge those??

How are we supposed to deal with permanently invisible enemies? You do realize everyone is going to assume this is a glitch or lag and never assume there are permanently invisible enemies shooting at them, right?

Doesn’t look the slightest bit like a pangolin. Also wtf is a pangolin doing on the Moon??

Killing the perma-invisible enemies is a requirement to progress? wat

Overall, not a very good design.

I was more referring to the lore, especially the use of the terms lord and king.

Movement patterns are completly missing

There is nothing in the context that could link those two terms to their biblical usage. Just because someone is using terms like “king”, “lord”, or “resurrection” doesn’t mean they’re making a reference to the Bible.

I know, but the use of specifically “the lord” sort of felt like a red flag to me.
Of course, it’s loose speculation, and as a business move (as I said earlier) it’d be risky.

Talking only about Christianity and not other religions which has been shown throughout this whole game!? We must not discriminate!

The Flying Brain from glands is too similiar to The Flying Spaghetti Monster which is the deity of the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster!

Janus the Doorworden from Oryx’s castle is discrimination against the roman religion and myth! Just look how hideous they make Janus in Rotmg!

The ancient stone sword which drops from the stone guardians is discrimination to The sword of Excalibur! The very sword King Aurther drew out from the stone!(Shh, this is what the movies said.)

These are just a few examples of racial discrimination in Rotmg! Let’s think of all these!

you screwed up the summarys

I don’t know how to fix them! xo

There is a thread about that problem

This is confusing

click the little right arrow at the top of the box to get the original format of the post

I fixed it! Doc wrote all this complicated looking codes that strained my eyes looking, when all he had to do was say " In other words, the [details] tag has to be on it’s own line," :II

Pastafarianism isn’t a true religion. It was originally made as a joke.

The Romans’ mythology is just that: mythology. It’s a dead religion in the same way Latin is a dead language.

Arthurian legends are simply stories and not religious in any way.

(Before someone gets on me for it, yes I know this was meant to be a joke. I was simply providing counter arguments for the sake of it.)

lol, i thought she screwed them up at first but she did it right! I told her like 10 times…

omg…you sounded smart in this post!

Shh think past my legit examples and into what the main idea is! Rotmg is full of players killing off monsters, you know which religion worships monsters!? (No idea which but I’m sure there is one!) Let’s not make one religion speciel. [quote=“Scorchmist, post:27, topic:5472”]
omg
[/quote]

What are you saying!? xo

Eh, I guess you’re right. I’ve been stubborn with this, but I’m just going to stop at this point.

Religious ramblings aside, the concept isn’t very good.
Thematically, it seems to lack one. How exactly does a giant lunar deity relate to a king that’s come back from the dead? The lore (or lack of it) is just bland.
I’m not going to sugar-coat it, the sprites are terrible. The original ones have no shape at all, while the recolors are just boring.
The balancing isn’t great, either.
Overall, pretty bad concept. I’d still rate it 1/10.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.