Class opinion/guide : Paladin

A semi-decent players opinion on the paladin class and the “best” way to play it

Probably missed a lot of things cause I’m bad.

TL;dr at the end

Stats

What can we infer from this?

(Going to be breaking down stats at base stat caps)

Hp - Caps at 770
Same cap as ALL melee characters. This shows that hp-wise paladin is not any weaker than any melee class.

Mp : (How-many-times-can-I-spam-seal) : Caps at 252
T6 Seal costs 90 mp so you can hit it twice in quick succession , 3 if you have any sort of decent pet. More about this is in Abilities.

Attack - Caps at 50
Paladin and Knight have the same attack stat, warrior has a 25 att boost of his stat.
What this means when using an acclaim

With the respective buffs added in (soloing) warrior (as we all should know) has an extremely elevated dps. Paladin’s buff can’t even nearly match it and knight without any buffs doesn’t do much dmg.

However, when all the buffs are introduced

Why did you show this? Doesn’t it make Paladin seem weak?
These graphs show, in a large group situation paladin does not do as much damage as the other melees, yet the damaging buff is ESSENTIAL as well as the heals! At 0 def Warriors overall dps was boosted 2200 dps. You increase the groups total dps by 50% and mow down the boss 50% faster? :> This is done without even thinking about the paladins HP increase! More in the Ability section

Defence - Caps at 30

Paladin has -10 defence compared to knight and + 5 defence compared to warrior. Both of said classes gain defence from their equipped ability however. Knight gaining +12 from Colossus Shield and Warrior gaining +10 from Helm of the Great General.
Paladin’s defence isn’t great, but it once again makes up for it with its HP increase.

Speed - Caps at 55
Not the greatest rushing class with a speed cap of 55.

Dexterity - Caps at 45

The true weakest stat of the paladin and hinders its ability to output dps. A much needed buff to 55 is my opinion here.

Vit - Caps at 40
Useless stat, only for the vanity 8/8

Wisdom - Caps at 75

HUGELY important stat for pallies , with maxed wis at 75, the T6 seal heals you a staggering +112 hp. Almost HALF a PRIEST. This is one of the biggest reasons I Like paladin so much, because you are a walking tank + strong, melee dps + group buff. Seal wismod can improve it even higher! Up to ~+140 hp I think.

Enough with the stats, lets move on to Ability!

Ability
The unique part about the paladin is that it is both a team player and a solo dps dealer, something not many classes can say. Its seal is IMO the most powerful ability ingame.

What does the seal do?
First of all .-. , the seal heals the group according to your current wismod, (the number on your wisdom stat), increases your maximum hp by that number, buffs the groups dps by 50%, and adds extremely fast regen rate.

Playability

I want to start a paladin, how would I go about playing it?

Well the best way to play a paladin is like many other melees, but keeping a careful eye on your hp bar. You want to go in deep when there aren’t too many bullets around or you are able to spam your seal to ensure survivability. Expanded versions in soloing, farming and guild runs

Soloing

Paladin is a solid class for soloing most dungeons, your seal helps you a lot if you are inexperienced, just make sure to not hit the space bar too much! A solo paladin knows what time is rush past enemies (high hp or high mp), what time to back off (Low hp/mp), and has learnt basic circling. A paladin is a fantastic class for newer players simply because your seal saves you and your sword guarantees soulbound.

Farming

Farming with a paladin, I am going to assume you want to accumulate wealth or farm a whitebag. Farming events with pally is fantastic. You run, tp, shoot and get loot, just like every other class, but with the benefits you being able to increase your damage by 50% and healing yourself.

Farming dungeons is even simpler, watch some abyss rushes on youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uHxajapLjD8 and do it yourself! Paladin is once again the best melee class because you can heal through the damage taken.

Guild runs
Running dungeons with the guild, the paladin is more or less there to hit the chest. Your purpose is not to spam dps the boss, rather focus minions and MAKE SURE TO KEEP THE BUFF GOING. Paladin is played as a leech/support class and to buff group dps.

Conclusion / tldr
Paladin is meant to be played as both a support and melee class, this class is very good for new players because of its healing, melee dmg output and group support. You should play paladin more because its both an extremely fun class and you help out other players as well, bringing back the co op of rotmg.

By Tartarus (some noob who fametrains)

If you enjoyed, <3
If not, please tell me how I can improve <3

Very well written! I disagree with you in that I think dex shouldn’t be boosted, but you captured the spirit of the Pally very well. At higher level play, the seal really helps you to stay “deep” much longer than any class other than maybe a knight or a prot priest could handle. With good timing of the seal and decent dodging skills, all pallies have a much lower chance of dying. :smiley:

Cool and all but not sure what the point of it is. Kind of way too long.

For the most part, I agree with your analysis. I think you’re underplaying the value of +5 speed (it’s mostly just a nice QoL, but it makes some things (circling in tombs, for instance, noticably easier) and overplaying the -5 Dex. The Dex decrease is only really noticable when wearing cc (cc on pally feels significantly worse than cc on warrior), and pally will always have the DPS to hit soulbound if you can go deep enough.

Hater gonna said necro better…

Necro isn’t better. More or less, Necro is what happens when a Wizard and Priest make love without protection. But that’s my opinion.

Or a simplified paladin guide, you press spacebar, congrats you’ve now won the game.

Pally isnt as broken as archer thou

Heals = less dps

its in every game get over it

bro whadda mean archer is nowhere near being broken

The most versatile class right now?

It has mid-level defense and amazing range, plus being probably the most versatile class in the game. I dunno mate. Pretty close or even OP to me.

The most versatile class right now?

TL:DR

Warrior > Pally if you can dodge/have balls/are exceptional at rushing.
Pally > Warrior if you’re bad at dodging/want to play a jack of all trades

Dodging+ heavy armor, good joke.

Hater gonna say necro IS better

?? you can dodge with warrior easily because of his speedy boost…

Very indepth and good guide!
Personally I think you really should’ve talked about the ut swords and seals, but other than that, nice!.

(I’m making fun of how you don’t actually dodge on melee)

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.