Classes you think are garbage?

I want to know what classes people think are trash
here are mine:

Rogue: made of glass, low range, mid dps

Archer/Huntress: These classes are only good if you have UTs/STs for the most part. Also tiered items do low damage unless you are super close and for archer pretty much everything is invulnerable to paralyze now so I think tiered quivers are kinda useless.

Assassin: Not really trash tbh just kinda nooby

Sorcerer: Honestly not a terrible class but I think it’s the worst robe class in the game as there is nothing really special about it without UT/ST.

Rogue being “made of glass” is a completely bogus complaint. Rogues have the same max HP and DEF as all other classes that fight in it’s range. Even ninjas, who fight at a lower range, has the same 720 HP. Which brings us to this: if rogue is made of glass, then all other leather armor classes are made of glass.

Low range isn’t even a decent complaint. I’d like to think that you tried to make a decent complaint for rogue, but “low range”, is just not even a remotely good criticism of rogue. In the same sense as the last argument, if rogues having “low range” is enough for it to be bad, then all dagger, katana, and sword classes (who also have low range), are bad because they have low range. Having low range is not a viable complaint on a class. It is completely viable when you use it on certain weapons having low range (ie: wand of the fallen), but when used on a class as a whole, a completely bogus complaint.

Rogue having lower DPS is, again, not a complaint. If you want to play a dagger class with much higher DPS potential, you would opt in for Assassin, or Trickster, but as you said, they are made of glass and have low range, and are therefore, garbage. The point of a rogue is not to deal damage. Rogue is the safest class for rushing, and their sole purpose and party utility lies in their ability to rush headfirst into dangerous situations safely.

Before you go on about anything else, I’ve played rogue A LOT (not on prod). I know exactly what I’m talking about when it comes to rogue. A valid complaint would be that rogues offer no utility to the party in areas that do not need rushing, or have tp disabled. You did not say that. Another valid criticism would be that you cannot teleport on invisible players, which makes you wait 10 seconds to tp again if you happen to try to tp on an invisible rogue. You, again, did not mention this. Additionally, using the same logic you apply to rogue, I can also safely say that all other leather armor, low range classes that do not deal the same DPS as a 4/4 wizard, is trash. Which is simply untrue.

I find it extremely sloppy that you group archer and huntress together, but fail to mention that Huntress’ slow is still very useful. Your criticisms on tiered bows and both classes’ reliance on non-tiered items are valid, but somewhat untrue. Is the archer really useless without UT? Well, no. While it is true that many endgame content is immune to paralyze, most of them are bosses. And a lot of these dungeons do not just contain a boss, but other enemies as well. Archer can be useful in clearing situations. Huntress traps are a different story. A lot less enemies are immune to slowed than paralyze, so Huntress traps are extremely useful-- even the tiered ones.

So your criticism of the classes being “only useful with UT/ST” is a weak argument at best. If you had said that “tiered bows are dogshit”, then yeah, you’d be correct. They are. But placing 2 entire classes as “garbage” just because of their tiered weapons being bad is uncalled for.

If it’s not really trash, then why bother mentioning it? On the contrary, I actually think that assassin takes some skill to play. Not only are you trying to dodge bullets with 75 point speed, but you also need to time your poison throws in certain insta situations.

I do not like sorcerer, and I think that it is a shit class as well, but for the sole reason that I feel like its gameplay is very dry. I see nothing else about it that irks me, and that is because sorcerer is exactly nothing like what you are complaining about. The scepter is probably one of the most wonderous abilities in the game, that forgoes all aiming abilities and straight up just does damage. And to be honest, all UT scepters… basically do the same shit that the tiered scepters do. They just have certain quirks about them, like how fulmi applies a debuff, and how meat rod only hits 1 target.

I didn’t play the game for like a year, but I always found the rogue pretty useless. Besides from rushing potrooms and killing secret in shatters what is he good at?

• You can clear realms faster with a ninja or trickster
  • When soloing dungeons you usually lose the time you gained by rushing because it takes so long to kill bosses with the low dps
  • Its far easier to die than on other classes
  • In most dungeons, a warrior or a mystic can rush just as effictively

Also while useful when played correctly, most mystics make a ton of counterproductive stasises

I had fun with every class. And if do not compare up to the last stat differences, every class is fine. In my point a view also every ability has it’s avantages and can be used tactically. So no class is “garbage”.

Mostly I enjoyed the bow and staff classes.

Lol, you’ve named 4/5 of my favourite classes.

• Rogue has a unique style of play, is uniquely able to do some things. Their low DPS is balanced by their ability, which lets them stand next to a boss for a few seconds pumping in damage without taking any. Yes, they die easily but that makes them interesting to play – no playing on autopilot, you have to be on the lookout for unexpected quiet shots or other players rushing behind you

• I’ve always liked Huntress for its ranged ability and crowd control. I’ve recently gotten into Archer using the sets available to it, all of which are fun and interesting to play. Archer is the only class I have 5 class quests on.

• Assassin (with Sorc) is my main goto for easy pot farming, self-maxing (when I have no maxed chars or don’t want to risk one), and rushing/clearing Realms. It’s also a fun rusher of e.g. Tombs or OTs, with enough DPS to stop and clear the way when needed.

• Sorc is by far my favourite class. It’s gotten better over time with boosts to wands (one when their range was nerfed from 10 to 9, another when Tomes were nerfed), with the best wismod, and with more and more items that raise wis. Good stats all round means it can pretty much go anywhere, the best slowing ability makes it highly useful against many enemies.

No classes are garbage. I’ve enjoyed playing all of them at some point, and am looking forward to spending some time with them again to regain the class quests I just lost.

Hmmm. I think… warrior.
Its just the ability, I think. It makes it too squishy compared to paladin and knight.
Knight stuns, stuns = less bullets, less bullets = more survivability.
Pladin heals + damaging. Heals = more survivability, damaging = more dps, a nice, offensive alternate to the knight.
Warrior gives bezerk + speedy. From my understanding, bezerk feels like an inferior version of damaging, and speedy, although somewhat useful, has very limited uses outside rushing (oh and snake eye ring exists. So other classes also have access to speedy now)
Maybe if I ever live long enough with one to max it, the dps will be worth it Until then, garbage it is.

I don’t h8 Rogue but I don’t find it fun as Samu IMO.

Who knows, after the star requirement rework, I might as well give Rogue another go to see if I can change my mind.

Rogue: I mostly agree with Mynamerr. I agree that the class is often outclassed in specific game aspects in groups. However, it will basically always be the king of easy soloing (other than void). In the name of ultimate efficiency he is rarely the best option, but in a permadeath game safety is a nice thing to have (other than quiet insta-decloaking… I don’t think this is necessary anymore).

Hunty/Archer: I personally don’t like either of these classes very much, and while I think Bacon’s distinction of their difference is worth noting, I agree there are better sources for slow and that these are a bit ut-reliant. I wouldn’t quite go as far to say garbage, but I think both are due for some kind of adjustment/buff in the next couple of years.

Sin: Why go so hard on the previous three and not this guy :rofl:. Yes garbage. Confirmed getting a buff because he has the lowest maximum damage potential of all classes with an ability that is only really useful in insta-killing bosses (and frankly other classes are now capable of this with Doku and fire armor), a mechanic Deca is vocally against. Otherwise only really excels in dirty tombs… but even there I think I’d rather get consistent weapon dps with wizzy/summoner/sorc. Speaking of which:

Sorc: I can hop in with Skandling here. Personally favorite casual pot-farming class. Still the king of the godlands in my opinion. Largely outclassed by summoner, but I still prefer fulmi to cd mace. Not quite garbage, but definitely in line for a rework soon.

wtf is “bezerk”

For me, personally, I just…don’t like playing Rogue. This is kind of antithetical to my usual playing style of being alone, but considering I still tend to play around people, the ability to effectively remove aggro from myself is generally annoying and sometimes even lethal for me.

To a lesser extent, I suppose this also goes for Archer, which is mostly because I personally prefer being able to actually let my ability do something on most enemies. It’s only with Void Quiver that I actually enjoyed playing it. (though I’ll never really dislike Covert /w\)

Please tell me you are joking. Don’t get me wrong, I’m not a big fan of warrior, but there is no arguing how good it is.

Berserk benefits swords much more than damaging, especially on warrior, so this makes no sense to me. Speedy is great for rushing, but it’s also hugely beneficial for survival is places like Osanc (getting away from dangerous phases in O3 and in general for getting in and out poke damage (eg O2). It is true every other class has access to a 2s burst of speedy at the cost of a valuable hp/DPS booster in the ring slot, but 40% uptime is hardly comparable to perma-speedy.

Regarding survivability, for early game content warrior has higher defense than paladin thanks to the built-in on helms, plus access to Jugg (especially if you don’t like speedy).

And DPS really is the meta for the most part right now. There’s no arguing Warr is great for this. Furthermore, in small groups warrior is the only class capable of providing consistent double buffs (and a curse) to not only himself, but also the group. (Although banner is somewhat restrictive I’ll grant.)

I get that there is a higher potential for stupid deaths by speeding right into a boss, but that is- and I wish to say this in the nicest way possible- a skill issue. That’s akin to saying Trick is bad because it’s so easy to accidentally teleport onto a boss.

It’s only as good as the player can handle this killing machine. I cannot (my graveyard summary says that I did only play two warriors > 0/8 and eight warriors altogehter, yet - within nealry 9 years :smiley: ).

Well the guy just gave his opinion condensed into a sentence or two, sure its oversimplified and misses a few points but damn son, no need to Curse Ogmur Expose the man.

It’s kinda funny that you say if one leather/dagger class is squishy/low DPS, then so must every class with that armor/weapon, because in my opinion that’s absolutely true and those classes are my least favorite. These are the classes most people are begging for rework or better items for aside from trickster and ninja. I use to love and main archer in Wild Shadow era, but now it’s one of my least played classes.

I do agree with a lot of what you say otherwise, but the guy said 7 words about rogue and you wrote a paragraph for basically each one, go easy on my blue star brother

wizard is garbage

sorc is one of the best robe classes. it has arguably the MOST utility + damage out of any robe class in existence, bar maybe the healing and armored of priest (which Deca has turned into a greedy class that only heals itself pretty much)

All of it’s good UT’s are craftable, and the t7 scepter is reallly slept on. t14 wand isnt half bad either. There is literally nothing “special” about pretty much every class in the game without some item variance such as UTs and STs, so I don’t get your comment about sorc all too much.

Assassin is not “nooby” lol. Unlike the other dagger classes, it doesnt have cheese abilities that tp you away or stop bosses from shooting or chasing you. Literally the least nooby dagger class, and doesnt have natural speedy like warrior or ninja. this makes no sense. It is kinda boring though, and you’ll never be able to use its ability.

Rogue is meh. With invis you can bypass its weak, calcium-deprived bones, especially soloing. But yeah its kind of trash. With the right UTS you can get insane dps tho

Sounds like a skill issue ngl

2 seconds of speedy every 5 seconds is trash, if you are rushing with that its basically glorified clearing at that point. Having 6+ seconds of constant speedy is very very useful.

And also berserk, especially with classes who have low dex, is better than damaging, because you can hit more shots thanks to your attack speed being faster or whatever (I couldn’t bother to refresh my brain on the specifics of berserk vs dex.)

Knight stuns nothing of value, there will be other pallys to buff + you don’t need buff with warriors cracked HP pool and oh my god his infinite vit

Not gonna lie every class other than melees and maybe a priest 10 tiles away is made out of glass. Making bold claims by exaggerating OP’s statements does not take down his point that rogue is squishy. On top of that, rogue doesn’t have much to COMPENSATE for that squishiness. What OP is trying to say is that rogue has low range, bad dps, and is very squishy, while having no ability that is good.

Ninja, the melees, trix, assassin, THEY HAVE OTHER THINGS TO COMPENSATE FOR THAT (speedy, high def, hp, vit, ranged abilities and weapons, decoys, instant teleportation with no cooldown). Melees arent even squishy. Low range can be annoying, especially on a class that… wow… doesnt have much to mitigate the added risk.

Rogue not having high dps is a complaint, and as such OP thinks it is garbage. Rushing is literally useless in this game now. The whole point of rogue is gone, and thus, its garbage.

sounds like the strawman argument and exaggeration again, at its finest. bow classes can have insane dps. Classes like warrior and pally have insane dps. OP never said that things that dont have the best DPS are garbage, just that rogue’s dps is complete utter poop. He literally made one statement about how rogue has low dps. The point of rogue has been nullified and the low dps is the cherry on top.

lol they are basically the same every single irrelevant class in this game can slow

lemme do my 3 damage per shot with covert havens on beisa’s minions

Edit:

This is the deal, the statement i agree with. the assumption was the rogue’s abilities are already trash, but OP didnt explain why. and low dps and being squishy is not unique to rogue, but that doesnt make other classes trash.

Rogue is garbage tho, fun garbage, if not hot garbage

I would replace the word “Ogmur” with “Armor Break” or “AB”.

Not saying I disagreeing with you but how so?

Now THIS I have to disagree. The pre-reworked tome made Discord raiding really OP, made the game unhealthy in the long term. In contrast of today, now it demands “dodge or die” kind of thing.

One of my GLand farmer when I need to farm up pots.

Hopefully Assassin rework make it great again.

Monocle + Bloody Surprise combo = OP solo DPS.

Rogue: Garbage. Even with end game set and abusing stat increases to permanently keep up the attack buff from bloody cloak while using T7 cloak for the DPS stats, it still barely manages to match the DPS of trickster. So much work and it isn’t even good. Trickster has more survivability, better group utility, more damage. You get to a point in the game where invisibility isn’t good, and trickster does everything rogue can but better. I suppose with the jugg cloak you could be quite tanky as a dagger class, but say goodbye to all of your damage.

Archer/Huntress: Pretty bad yeah, but archer redeems itself with QoT being craftable now. Before I personally preferred huntress for the sentry trap and constant slows, as it provided more DPS than archer. Nowadays though, it isn’t hard to get good utility from archer with daze, speedy, slow, paralyze etc. With a good set, archer can do some pretty great damage too (void quiver/javelin)

Assassin: The worst class in the game. Worse than rogue. Absolute garbage. Only play it as a meme.

Sorc: One of my personal favs. Lots of damage and range. Kinda overshadowed by summoner now, but it is still a solid class. It does need UT scepters to really give it the utility/damage it needs though, tiered scepters aren’t worth using most of the time

Assassin < Rogue < Huntress < everything else

And replying to BaconSM- man why did you have to go so hard on defending rogue. DragonRage made most the points I was gonna make, but I’ll reiterate some of the main ones:

All other leather classes are not made of class because they have ways to mitigate damage. Trickster has decoys and teleports, Ninja has speedy, and assassin is well… Assassin is trash so its bad too. Sure, rogue has invisibility, but in end-game content it is pretty useless and you are better off using trickster.

Low range: Again, other classes have ways to compensate for their low range. Melee classes are tanky, trickster has decoys, assassin has poison (lets be real though, the poison does shit damage and is basically worthless), rogue has to cloak and pray that the enemy’s AI doesn’t continue shooting or that he is solo.

Low DPS: Yeah, this is a valid complaint. Rogue has trash DPS. I can think a class is bad if it has shit stats. There is a reason why people like Warrior and Wizard so much.

Before you reply, I’ve played rogue A LOT and have my dream set on PROD for rogue (well, I don’t have the jugg cloak, but I personally wouldn’t really use it much).

he’s not a blue star… he’s an orange star.

OR, he WAS an orange star, before DECA changed it.

I defended rogue, not because it is a good class. I defended rogue, because the guy’s criticisms of it were not that good.

Also, Rogue is the class that made me into the player I am now. It gave me confidence to rush, so rogue will always be that special class for me. As much as rogue sucks in the current environment, it is undeniable that I had fun with rogue.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.