Communication in realm

I feel like realm desperately needs better communication options. The chat system is too simplistic, It’s frustrating for me as a mid-game player trying to transition to endgame, interacting with players feels incredibly clunky, and in an MMO this is a big problem.

A standard tab system you see in 99% of MMOs would help so much, a scroll bar wouldn’t hurt either.

Even with the help of realmeye trading is a very frustrating experience.

I know deca is hard at work on the unity port, which I’m very excited for, but I really think this area of the game needs a fair amount of improvement.

Use discord. This is the chatting website for everything rotmg.
discord

I do use discord, and I’m in a few Rotmg related discords, however since discord accounts are not connected to rotmg accounts, this largely is unhelpful in the realm of trading, you still have to PM people in game often.

Realmeye and discord do aid in the problem somewhat, but they come nowhere close to actually fixing them, imo.

Deca said recently that they were working on separating chat and game in the port, and that would also make it less laggy apparently.

Nice, I’m glad this is a planned feature.

Maplestory 1 did something similar with their chat not too long ago.

By calling it maplestory 1 you are acknowledging the existence of maplestory 2

Please don’t do that :frowning:

Realm should really at least get a scroll bar. Page up and down are so glitchy.

They’re actually testing it rn

Called it! (Not really, but coincidental timing with this post.)

I imagine the feature is still in an infantile stage, they haven’t actually changed any front-end stuff with the chat in the test, just separating the servers. Effectively it makes no difference to the end user right now, so the problems remain, however this should be the first step in enabling them to fix the problems I was talking about in this thread, so yay!

Yeah, Krathan told us that there might be a possibility of more changes, in particular allowing PM’s / guild messages to go through while loading into new areas.

mid-game but blue star… ? haha just joking kek

I was actually kind of wondering about this, so I’ll go ahead and ask, are the stars on the forum supposed to reflect the star of your actual account? Cause I have 37 stars, and my realmeye profile reflects this, I was just assuming the stars on the forum worked differently depending on like, amount of posts or something like that.

You will have to log out and in again, and the star will update

This worked, thank you :orange_heart:

MP2 Best game. Fight me.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.