Crystals shooting before being cracked?

Well, my wizard just died. I was eping it and it shot, before it was cracked. Is this supposed to be normal, or is it a bug of some sorts? I just want to know. I am not asking for a revive as I know that the death was 100% my fault. No, there were NO enemies around, other than the crystal. I was at full health, and I was not lagging. If it helps, I died right when it said something about "you need more people"
So, my question is, is it normal?
No, you don’t have to say to me not to ep anything, I know now, I thought the crystal was some thing where you can safely stand near until it cracks. Thanks in advance ^^
by the way, rip ep

It occasionally shoots massive shots all around it before it’s popped, yeh.

yes, now and again an uncracked crystal will shoot the same shots as when it opened. sorry for your loss, but hopefully you learned form this ^^

As I said in the op, I did. Thank you both for clarifying this.
Quick question: can others see the shots? Or is the range so small that it kills the people who are sitting on it?

It’s like his shoots after cracking

EPing a crystal is ballsy because it is shoot at your own risk, it is one of the only ways some pros still die because it is hard to predict its pattern.

I did not know that! Thanks for making this thread so I will be warned :slight_smile:

No everyone else can see it, it goes about 2 squares out I think, and it also gives you quite if you get hit by it

occasionally if not die after certain damage&heal, crystal will attack 360° and can insta kill if you’re stand on it. the attack was similar like the one when it was about to cracked

i told u that like 6months ago

No you didn’t

yes it’s always done this, usually you wait for it to shoot then EP + warrior it and win with 2 player.

Yea sorry for this
If you don’t crack the Crys in time it could pop in you and booty hit you.

This is how I lost my first 6/8 wizzy, would not recommend standing on top of a crys at all.

What I did when I got interested in this is I went on a empty server and then just sad next to it hitting once or twice every 3 seconds, it shoots massive white balls that I think do about 80 damage? I have done enough crystal to see a every staff class die by the same reason.

Yeah, I saw it shoot two days ago, thankfully, I knew enough to not ep it. Man, this thread is old. Thanks for informing me, though.

This is indeed an event that happens.

As for the exact damage, each shot deals 90 damage, inflicts Quiet for 20 seconds, and has a range of 6; since there are 16 shots in total, the formula for the total damage would be Dtotal = 1440 - 16x, where D is damage done and x is defense.

(with 77 the max x can be).

Close thread as the question has been answered numerous times. @Moderators

Meh. Not really a necrobump if the reply comes in before the auto-lock and it’s on topic. No need to lock this one, imho.