Darzas Dominion, the 'mobile rotmg' project has been released to the app store

Darza’s Dominion was inspired by the smoothness of gameplay offered by the niche of RotMG’s unique genre and how it could be applied tastefully to the mobile platform. It is not designed to be a RotMG clone however; do not expect to see your favorite classes, items, or enemies in the game. instead picking from the parts of what made the game work so well we have managed to create an experience that realm players will find homestead in and is reminiscent of the game in it’s earlier years. We hope that prospective players can find solace in the new and unique experience that Darza’s Dominion has to offer from the stark differences between the games, but while still enjoying the genre that Realm of the Mad God did so well.

App Link

Reddit

Have Fun!

Juix

RealmEye mobile?
Unknown enemy in Cem
Wyrm Rider - Conqueror of Dragonkin

Grats on your release!

Moved to Off Topic as this isn’t related to RotMG itself.

Yeah, my bad

Any news on android?

I’m sad

Under development

Not on android D:

haha, seems fun, other regs are playing and talking about it in discord, but i got no mobile :frowning:

(edit that the game is for iOS only)

Well it does say this [quote=“Juix, post:1, topic:5699”]
enjoy it on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
[/quote]

If I read that I would assume it’s IOS only.

reposting from r/rotmg

This is my third day in the Dominion and I’m having a blast. When I started, it felt like discovering Realm all over again – the delight of seeing a loot bag, the exhilaration of a challenging boss fight, and of course, the terror of the panic nexus and the rage and frustration of permadeath.

Things are more routine now that I figured out the mechanics and managed a now-300 glory (fame; expect many superficial differences, and to be confused by the slightly-changed ring colors) mage (wizard). Now I’m farming the bosses for the rarer items, and hoping to someday get past the first stages of the River Maze and Darza’s Domain. Seriously, they’re hard. The rest of the late-game (events and Ice Cavern) is peaches by comparison, but maxing comes slowly right now – gem (potion) drop rates in godlands should be buffed, and it should be possible to get more than one from events.

When you start out: level up on the beaches, do a noob cave, get a feel for the mechanics. The midlands (grassy/wooded area, full of slime monsters) are where you should farm for a decent weapon and armor before heading to godlands. I used that area several times to recuperate after I died.

I was worried about how the controls would work, but they’re surprisingly easy to get used to: right and left side act like joysticks controlling the direction of movement and shots, respectively. At bottom right is the nexus button, special ability, and use potion. Buttons at the top right display inv and show you nearby players (mostly for teleporting). I’m honestly amazed that the interface is as functional as it is. Already the controls are almost as second-nature as Realm’s are.

Over the past few days, several bugs were fixed (though server isn’t immune to crashes…), and more fixes and additions are coming soon. (“Soon” here meaning “this weekend” and not as in “Elder Realms coming soon”.) Yes, there’ll be an option for a bigger nexus button for those who, like me, have died despite tapping at that corner of the screen frantically.

It is not designed to be a RotMG clone

Gotta call you out on this one. Anybody who’s played Realm will find the design instantly familiar. It hasn’t broken much new ground yet, though I’m confident it can. (Besides, the gameplay is refreshing enough that it doesn’t matter. It didn’t to me.)

tl;dr: Give it a play already.

Patiently waiting for the Android realease (and a mobile upgrade, mine sucks).

Create Sprites for an Upcoming Project - Anyone Interested?

Patiently wait for 3 weeks LUL

Rip saw you die a couple of times :frowning:

Can say that it’s really fun!!!

Not really laggy if you have good wifi and a better phone than mine (4s)

So my very first thoughts, literally played the tutorial and then died to test that out.

My one complaint is that text doesn’t scale or wrap properly for my ipad.

The one thing I saw on the deaths screen : para hp rings xD

#Welcome to the forum @Juix!!
Have a :cookie:

I just got ninja’d xD

Although this is a fun mobile version of RotMG, I have 2 main complaints. Firstly, it doesn’t do enough different to be considered a new game/idea that was inspired by RotMG. Secondly, the controls are clunky and difficult to use.
Other than that, it’s fun to play if you can’t play the actually game.

Devs are talking about buffing events[quote=“Atrapper, post:18, topic:5699”]
Secondly, the controls are clunky and difficult to use.
[/quote]

Phones ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Still waiting