Deca says I was multiboxing so they banned me forever [UNBANNED]

If I were innocent in this situation I’d be absolutely livid, I honestly don’t think arguing “dude I just lost years of progress to a mistake, I’ve been deleted for another man’s crimes” makes them look sus, as it’s exactly what I myself would do.

For someone who has nothing to do with the hacking side of the game you likely wouldn’t know you could hack on Steam, as most people who hack play flash.

To my knowledge many of the hacked clients that supported steam users faded off and many of them that did support them have stopped a while back, although I don’t know if there is or isn’t one for steam currently. (I’ll go check after this)

Edit: Yeah, I don’t see a single client for steam users in that forum, so he actually can’t hack to my knowledge, and I don’t think you can multibox with Steam, correct me if I’m wrong.

It’s possible they got the wrong guy, I’ve personally reported people for running those giant clumps of bots in nexus when I can find the person who is (seemingly) running them, someone may have seen him sitting in the middle of some bots to fuck around and reported him as running them.

It’d be nice if Deca would start releasing some evidence for shit like this though, just have someone that has literally any skill in video editing edit thed name out for a (usually) only 30-ish second clip, it wouldn’t be that hard honestly.

@LumioseS Hope you do get your account back if you are innocent, we can’t really help you here.

It would absolutely suck to be banned due to a mistake.

I’ve already gone back on what I said. I just didn’t want to delete my posts as if I’m trying to hide myself.

Fair enough.

HorusKane checking out hacked clients?

LOL GET BANNED SCRUB

/s

It’s probably possible since the game is free, runs on flash even though it’s on Steam, and you can make multiple Steam accounts free. I wouldn’t know though :man_shrugging:

That’s true, although I personally don’t bother filing reports because im lazy and dont know how to It’s definitely possible that he got reported falsely. Honestly I wouldn’t report those nexus multiboxers because it’s likely I would report the wrong person.

:+1: Agreed, I was a bit hasty in saying Lumiose could have been multiboxing.

gotta keep up with the cool kids /s

I don’t know if it would run in the multibox program though, I’ve only seen it done with flash projector.

I only report when it’s extremely clear they’re controling it, such as moving in step with them over a long distance.

It’s entirely possible, but everyone on this thread was going against him, had to be the one person pointing out that we don’t have any evidence or proof for anything, we shouldn’t judge them and say they definitely did something because Deca banned them for it. /shrug

Idk man. If you really aren’t cheating, then fuck deca man that’s fucked up.

Plz no ban deca lul I didn’t mean it

Same thing happened to a friend of mine for the same reason. They also play on steam and have no past in any cheating software in rotmg. My guess would be that it’s a relatively uncommon issue with how steam runs rotmg, possibly triggering whatever DECA uses to detect multiboxers.

It doesn’t have anything to do with steam, and Deca doesn’t have an anticheat in place, people only get banned when either an admin directly sees them doing something bannable (very rare) or when someone sends in video evidence to Deca showing that the person is cheating.

Someone had to have sent in a video with them in a multibox, which doesn’t automatically make them guilty of multiboxing, but we also can’t say he’s innocent in any way, the only way we would know is if Deca sent him the video evidence, but that is very unlikely.

Also, they could have evidence of someone multiboxing and misread the name, this is quite unlikely but @LumioseS could be banned because someone with a very similar name was multiboxing.

but deca would’ve seen that. they definitely looked over the video (if there was one), why didn’t they see the mistake?

that’s why I said it was unlikely, both parties making the same mistake when it comes to something like this is pretty unlikely but it still could happen if they both happened to misread the name.

hm i suppose

One possibility is the capital “i” and lowercase “l” thing: Troll and TroII, for example, being two different names. It is (however unlikely) that something similar to this (perhaps with a iumioses) may have happened.

TY I hope I get unbanned before the event ;D TY for defending me

I was falsely banned last month for autoaiming and got unbanned around a week later. The evidence used against me was my own video (which I suspected) which made it easier to talk to Deca and let them know of their mistake. Idk if Deca can check but if you were multi boxing the other accounts would have also been connected from the same IP so theoretically it would help your case if they weren’t. Gl man

LumioseS and a bunch of mules are my only accounts never had a multiboxing account never will

Theres a couple of people with Lumi in there name

Bruh no, my grandad doesnt know the difference between an ipad and a laptop so no.
Also, I got it from my sis who got it from my dad
also

you dont have to mention me twice in a sentence like that
/s

I been unbanned I am happy but I loss complete will to play this game now because of the false ban…

Congrats man

Ty ;D

What did they say?

I can imagine this has been stressful and unpleasant so take a break, let the immediate nastiness of it subside. Perhaps you will want to return when you remember better the good things about the game than the recent bad things. Could be weeks from now, or months from now, by which time we might have a Unity version to play with which alone might be reason enough to return.