'Defer' functionality

Hi,
There’s seemingly an option on Discourse forum software for users to ‘defer’ a topic, think: “mark as unread”, or “I want to come back to this later”.

Is there any chance of having this option added to RealmEye forum?

For example of how it looks click through onto these other couple of forums that run on the same software as here, where they’ve added it:

This would assist on heavier topics (eg. If you could change the game in any way you’d want, what would you do?) where there’s a lot of reading, to let users easily tag it for “I’ll come back to this later”, eg. if we know we’ve only skim-read a thing when short on time and want to give it a proper re-read later.

Bookmark

Yeah bookmarking’s the workaround, but it’s clunky in comparison to what defer can do (eg. a bookmark points only to a single post, defer marks the whole topic; a bookmark feels more like something you want to save for longterm reference, defer is more disposable and autodisappears once you’ve gone back to it, I believe).

There’s a well-reasoned “when defer is better than bookmarking” on the below topic that I found while researching (started off trying to find out whether a reply could be marked as ‘unread’, answer: no, or more accurately I stopped looking because defer would do a better job):

a funny thing

Google is all over this, lol, less than a day and this RE forum topic is into the top 5 hits out of 4million.

Google also takes into account your activity for its algorithm to bring up results that you would find more relevant, so for most people it wouldn’t be 4 as that is more than likely due to your activity revolving around RE and RotMG

I don’t really know how these things work, but I am getting almost the same results as Nevov in an Incognito window (of course not logged in to my Google account).

Are you going to do it though?

he cant

Explain.

I think you need to be the site admin, not just a moderator.

correct. only mreyeball can perform the update.

Dude don’t betray the forums.
You must spent your whole life in the RealmEye forums.

There is no war in Ba Sin-
srry force of habit
There is no forums other then the Realmeye.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.