Deleting a Thread | Idea for the Forums

I know that the RealmEye Website Wasn’t Created By our Staff Possibly Meaning that this Feature Could Never be Implemented

Recently I was thinking, why can’t we add a feature (if there isn’t one already) to delete threads. I know you can close threads, but when you close a thread you can still view it. What I am trying to say is they should make a way for forum Staff to delete threads, basically erasing them.

Why?
I believe that maybe one time someone can say something very rude and create tons of random threads about useless things. Without having to close the thread and people continually viewing it, the staff could just delete the thread.

I don’t know if this is something that could even be added, but I think it would be a neat feature to have.
Please leave your opinions! :+1:

Thanks for taking your time to view my thread :yellow_heart:

Leaders and mods have the power to unlist threads making them only visible if you have the link.

Example

It’s not deleting them but it is very close, achieves pretty much the same thing.

Not sure if mods can fully delete.

Ah thanks! Was not aware. Is this used often?

I’ve used it many times when a member decides to go on a e-tantrum and spam garbage threads

You just don’t know :wink:

:joy: :joy:

Feel free to close thread. Wasn’t aware of this but now I know! Thanks again Shatter!

is there a delete thread feature though? like an actualy delete thread

Mods might have the power, I don’t have all the answers and I don’t want to spread misinformation.

You’re welcome :smiley:

We can soft delete. I believe the software itself has some hard delete function after a soft delete ages past a certain threshold.

Actually, the powers we have are pretty comprehensive. Admin only functions are those that should really be admin features. Plus it’s configurable, which is why we can add/remove/edit categories ourselves without needing to bug MrEyeball for everything. I couldn’t (almost) be happier.

I had a topic of mine completly deleted and not just unlisted.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.