Do certain classes get more white bags than others?

This thread is just made purely of curiosity. Have you or a pal of yours notice that certain classes you play get more white bags than others. I noticed this about a year ago while I was farming for dblade on my knight. That knight later died and made a warrior right after the unfortunate death. It took about 75-100 abysses to get 1 dblade on my knight. It took my warrior about 20-50 to get 1 dblade. I tested this over and over again. I tried different chars. Wizard took about same amount of abysses as my knight to get a dblade, as did assassin, archer, and pally. Sorcerer and warrior had a higher abyss:dblade ratio than my other classes and I just wont know why. Maybe my luck is just terrible.

Here is where you can write about a time that you have noticed this yourself or maybe you’ve never noticed this at all.

No. You just need to do your soulbound damage and the rest is rng. Most of the white bags have 1% chance, so for abyss you normaly get dblade in about 100 runs (you can get higher ofc, if you find trooms), so you where just lucky on warrior.

Well some classes can do dungeons faster than others

You probably got these wonky numbers because the number of abysses you did isn’t high enough to cancel outliers.

Call up Bmll!

The chance for a white bag from one boss in one fight where you dealt soulbound damage is the same no matter which class you use, but as mynamerr mentioned, some classes can just farm some dungeons more efficiently, getting you more white bags per unit of time on average.

As for this, you actually lucked out on those two classes, while you had normal/moderate luck on the other classes.
(I think dblade used to be about 1/80?)

Chances are you haven’t gotten nearly enough dblades to ascertain your theory, as you would probably need dozens of dozens of dblades to yield statistically reliable results.

Hmm. Classes that are able to put out dmg quicker are more likely to get a white in my opinion. This is only true when there are a large amount of players, when soloing or fighting something in a small group, everyone’s chances are equal.

Yes, certain classes definitely get more white bags than others as you have to consider the play-rate of these champions. As an example, we can statistically expect more total whites to be obtained on Wizards than on Tricksters.

Agreed. In fact, all classes have a luck multiplier constant. This constant is multiplied to the normal drop rate for white bags.

The following information was leaked during the Kabam era and obtained directly from the game’s source code.

Luck Multipliers
  • Wizard: 1.5
  • Priest: 2.4
  • Warrior: 0.7
  • Archer: 1.3
  • Rogue: 1.1
  • Assassin: 2.3
  • Necromancer: 0.0001 (shit class)
  • Huntress: 0.9
  • Paladin: 3.6 (god class)
  • Knight: 0.5
  • Mystic: 1.2
  • Trickster: 1.1
  • Sorcerer: 1.4
  • Ninja: 0.5

The only way to have a remotely reasonable number is to run 10s of thousands of a specific dungeon otherwise your numbers are far too insignificant and therefore are skewed to getting lucky.

Eww paladin, I’d rather take the necro multiplier.

funny, i got my only davy white on my ninja, all other davy runs were marks or pots, on other characters

I just love how you had to sneak in a shot against necros into your post

Congrats on 14 dblades then…
im jealous

I mean if you’re soloing, or only doing the dungeon with 1 or 2 people, which you most likely did for the abysses, you’re bound to get an approximately equal distribution for amount of dungeons until a drop. There are definitely classes that get less loot, such as priest. But besides that, and the fact that white bags themselves are rare, it’s not a noticeable difference between classes.
Another factor that might occasionally play a role in getting white bags is playability of the character. For example trickster is a high dps class, but the fact that it’s rather risky and require skill to master means that you might nexus, or die and cancel out your chances of getting a white bag.

for this experiment to be realistic you’d need to run much much more abysses than you did. The chance to get a whitebag is always the same for every character, or atleast there isnt any information we have that could lead us to think that there is a change between characters. At the end of the day it’s purely luck.

No, are you high right now

no are right high now

obviously knight gets the most white bags

no seriously you know the answer the only thing you look for is reassurance…

So, there’s this thing called RNG. It sorta exists.

(On a serious note, all classes have the same chances, it’s just that the DPS may make item drop rates fluctuate if you’re not doing a sufficient amount.)

Where did you get this percentage?