Does anyone like st's being sb?

Now that it is obvious that deca plans for all new st’s to be soulbound, who likes this change? I really don’t, considering a) People who don’t use the classes that they get soulbound items for are getting screwed and b) it makes it way harder to get the full set and with it the bonus. Anyone agree?

• I like st’s being sb
  • I dislike st’s being sb

0 voters

Why is the Etherite Dagger and the Pixie Sword tradeable?

I think the main thing that makes them SB is to combat duping. In a perfect world where there are no cheaters, I would un-SB everything… Except premium items. Deca’s gotta get money somehow.

Why don’t they make everything in the game sb right now? that will combat duping.
Maybe because it will destroy a large part of the game that is trading, and so by continuing down this path they are destroying that aspect of the game slowly anyway.

For ultimate “elite” items such as UT’s SB is fine, these are items that need to be hard to get. I actually think every set should have 1 ultimate item which has to be found to complete the set. Buying a full set is uninteresting and kinda pointless.

Do you know why they made it SB? Its because they just want us using real money to get that set , just like dragon tamer set. How many people can get full dragon tamer set without buying Mystery Box?? They just give me this feeling: Oh you want to get full set ? buy Mystery Box LUL

i do understand that some items need to be SB.
High “end game” items like the UT is good that its sb, gives it a nice challenge, even if you have money and good you still need to make effort and not just buy the full set everytime and go play from scratch

BUT!
ST’s are a low solution to the UT items, most of them are meh, decent and not THAT good… people like using them for the “glory and vanity” mostly and if they will be SB aswell people wont even touch them. they will be worthless since like Someone here said. getting the EXACT item for your class will be double hard and people will just feed them and this items will “vanish” from the game… so no i disagree ST shouldnt be SB.

I’m just sad I can’t sell one or two of my st bows:c

I personally favour unsoulbound. If Deca favours soulbound STs then I can accept that. But they really need to treat all STs the same, not have a half-and-half system with old STs unsb and new STs sb.

I vote SB and to not sell the damn things

^^^^^

If I had it my way, all ST items would be soulbound and NOT sold for any amount of realm gold. I remember when ST items first came out and everyone freaked out saying “Kabam is selling UT items now.” I disagreed with Kabam selling the new ST items but got over it because they were tradable. Now Deca is making all new ST items soulbound and selling them for cheaper than the dungeon that drops them. What Deca is doing is no different than if they were to put a dbow or dblade in a mystery box for 149 realmgold, and I find it annoying how they managed to get away with it because people were used to tradable STs being sold.

as it stands now, I extremely dislike sb st’s. they’re designed (supposedly) to work together to create an overall new and unique experience, you have the option to also pick and choose the good ones for your other classes but that doesn’t detract from the original intent either.

but when you take into account how stupidly rare they are as drops, as well as the fact that you need 4 of them, it’s basically impossible to complete the set without trading. removing that option defeats the point.

for example: how many people are going to have owned all 4 pieces to this set?:

or this set?:

or this one?:

and then further narrow that down to how many people have owned all the peices of those at once. and then even further to anyone who’s ever completed all 3 of those.

the answer isn’t 0, but it’s definitely very small. in the case of some st sets, those sets are even harder to get than these ones. the only st set that’s at a comfortable level of rarity for me is the Phylactery set, and that’s mostly due to the extremely high number of drop chances it gets. if that set was sb, I’d probably be okay with it.

but every other set needs a major drop chance buff if they’re going to sb them, that includes the dragon and bee sets that are already sb (assuming they’re equally hard to get as well, I haven’t the faintest idea how rare the bee set is).

I also agree that selling them while they are sb is a bit over the top, yet as of now that’s probably the only way you’re ever going to complete the dragon set for a very long time (bee set too, again idk how rare it is).

Should STs be SB?

They could be intending to use the soulbound STs to keep longtime players addicted, with them thinking “I’ve got 2 or 3 of the items, have to keep playing (or spending) to get the full set”.

I’m hoping that they’ve at least chosen drop rates more generous than those of the ultrarare UTs if they’re wanting the full sets to ever be seen on more than 1/10000 players. Those low rates would fit for tradeable STs but for soulbound STs they’d suck.

I’m thinking - would the DJL trickster set make for a more direct comparison?:

Because same as Lod/Nest, DJL drops from a realm event (unlike say Lab sorcerer since Lab can be farmed same as liches can), and all the items are sb.

While not impossible to assemble, it is still damn rare (because of the prism especially) to have all the items.

My first davy’s white was the prism. Then again, I’ve only gotten 2 davy whites :stuck_out_tongue: one prism and one dagger, no spectral:c

I feel like the armor is rarer than the whites.

Imo, it doesn’t make sense to keep the newer ones especially SB.

The trend with the newer ST’s or the ones DECA introduced shows that the set is best together. That wasn’t the case with Kabam STs.

However, making them as rare to get as they are with the shitty mystery boxes and broken droprates is stupid. It’s hard to collect all the pieces to have a working set. You need four items or all of them are useless on an individual basis. IF you can’t trade for them, you may never complete the set, which makes the ones you already have bad.

I vote to SB the older ones and make the new ones UNSB, then SB them after a period of time.

Here’s how it should work, in a perfect world.

ALL sets have 3 tradeable pieces, the final piece is SB and must be found to complete the set. This allows both freedom of trading and the excitement of finishing a set + the challenge of completing a set which makes them more desirable.

The 1 soulbound piece (regardless if it’s the best piece of not) should be the ability slot item, because that is what makes the set unique to the class.

If they were to do this they could still sell their “mystery boxes” for people to try and shortcut the 1 SB piece and it would also allow the game to be played as intended (pre-kabam-deca) which was without SB at all.

I have the full davy’s set twice :)

Too bad they don’t give a set bonus :(

why is the anatis in the armor slot?

I only had one april fools item and That character only had one remaining space. I saw my chance and I took it.

It’s a character used for storage and the second set fit nicely. The bone dagger, dancing prism and frimarra are for the character’s own use, leaving one spot free.

make it trix’s 2nd st set :wink:

They say that it’s to combat duping, but it honestly looks like an attempt to paywall the sets, they have extremely low drop rates in their respective dungeons, but if you pay 20$ you could have the whole set.