Does Hermit Gods Tentacles Affect Helm of the Juggernaut Drop?

No, nuh-uh, I am NOT going down that path

uh oh

@MessltUp

Heā€™s talking about the entities that spawn the tentacles not the tentacles themselves.

ohā€¦ didnt see lol
:stuck_out_tongue:

Having seen the code for the Hermit God, I feel well-equipped to answer this.

Only the Hermit God affects SB loot. When the Hermit God is killed, its SB damage record is transferred to the Tentacle Spawners, which (AFAIK) doesnā€™t happen with the Tentacles themselves.

Normal to get zero from soloing a hermit?

ive only hit the herm and gotten 3 pots

I was jokingā€¦

In b4 banhammer

jk dad

A long long time ago (Wildshadow forum era, no proof as the pages donā€™t exist anymore) one of the devā€™s said it was not possible to get jugg from herm without damaging tentacles. It is unknown if they were serious, however supposedly some drop rates got leaked mid 2014 on the forum that shanā€™t be named, and the leaked code indicated that you had to get SB on both tentacles and hermit. To this day weā€™re not sure if the leaked code was legit, but well, private servers exist so at least some of the leaked code had to be. Back when i was part of closed testing i asked Koala how jugg from herm worked and she said she didnā€™t understand it lol. Basically It is highly likely that itā€™s correct.

It is worth noting that iā€™ve had 2 juggs from sphinx and none from hermit. Could be RNG but thereā€™s definitely some weirdness goin on here.

Did you see kidd forces response to the question when I asked him?

squab?
cruid?

Craquid.
or maybe Squirab

Iā€™d trust Kidd just as much as any of those other sources. Especially given Iā€™m pretty sure heā€™s just going off those other sources i mentioned anyway.

The leak you referred to was nothing more than a trash collection of random numbers. See my response here: Helm of the Juggernaut drop rates?

And yesterday I got a dex from hermit without hitting any of the tentacles (all tentacles already dead when I tpā€™ed).

Pretty sure it current code

I mean, just do it. Iā€™d rather hit the tentacles than risk not getting anything at all

That is definitely not the same supposedly leaked code I was talking about. The epic dungeons (and i think cem maybe?) werenā€™t in the game at that point.

This is from the leaked xml I saved a couple of years ago (abbreviated). Because of realmeye formatting I have to replace all brackets <> by parentheses ()

(Object id=ā€œHermit God Tentacle Spawnerā€ type=ā€œ0x0d65ā€)

(Texture)
(File)invisible(/File)
(Index)0(/Index)
(/Texture)

(Behavior targetId=ā€œHermit Godā€)CopyDamageRecord(/Behavior)

(SoulboundLoot prob=ā€œ0.016ā€)Potion of Vitality(/SoulboundLoot)
(SoulboundLoot prob=ā€œ0.03ā€)Potion of Dexterity(/SoulboundLoot)
(SoulboundLoot prob=ā€œ0.00026ā€)Helm of the Juggernaut(/SoulboundLoot)

(/Object)

The last group of code (soulboundā€¦) means that loots drop from the tentacle spawner.

The second group of code (behaviorā€¦) says that the damage to hermit itself is copied to the tentacle spawner.

The first group of code (textureā€¦) says that the tentacle spawner is an invisible object and hence canā€™t be damaged.

Nowhere in this code does it mention anything about the damage to the tentacle (not spawner). The only relevant line of code that falls under this tentacle spawner object is:

(Transition hasTag=ā€œforceMakeā€)MakeTentacle(/Transition)

And in the code the tentacle itself (not spawner), specified by
(Object id=ā€œHermit God Tentacleā€ type=ā€œ0x0d64ā€)
gives no loot drop.

I think this is pretty conclusive.

New forum category for XML hackers?

Thanks for all the help!

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.