Does RotMG Need a Large Rebalance?

A large goal that DECA is probably trying to achieve is having a steady flow of new players.

Most players actively playing realm have been doing so for months and years.

So how do we get more new players to join us in the realm?

Firstly, we probably need more ways to get the defense potions or maybe quests you can do to get soulbound def pots. Soulbound def pots are actually great because they encourage new players to actually drink the def.

The problem with new players is it’s hard to survive and you must play safe leading to not getting much loot.

Once the new players start drinking def and die less often, they will start actually maxing and the game really opens up at around 4/8 they will finally get hooked on to playing the game, spend money $ etc.

But with all these new players who are maxed, op events will get steamrolled more and bosses will die in seconds so do we need a rebalance to increase health of bosses?

leave your opinion below

A Realmeye Christmas [CLOSED]

Good point.
Um… I have nothing else to say idk

I think they should make the Hp points more, it makes it easier for other people to get SB

That’s sorta what the free pots box does.
I guess we need more of those…???

Free box is ok but it’s free and shouldn’t happen too often so they could possibly implement more ways to get def or daily quests / quests that reward sb def

if it did, i would have like 20 8/8 accounts

I’d say the first thing Deca should do to draw in new players is make an actually useful tutorial. As it stands, the current one only teaches you to shoot and pick stuff up.
A new tutorial should include info on stats, SB loot, and other things.
After that, I’d say the Def quests sound good.

Def Quests sound like a really good idea. Another idea I saw somewhere was a phylactery bearer type behavior for lots of quests and bosses. I.e, the boss lets you damage it but it heals the crap out of itself so that everybody has a chance to touch it. Deca’s stupid portal hotfix needs to be rolled back to stop oldies from putting but thats a side note. Im impressed with your foresight, I didn’t even consider that an influx of maxed characters would steamroll stuff, good job.

I believe that DECA should release more ads. Ads have increased many companies popularity. Lets say we’re talking about Game of War or Mobile Strike. They are constantly annoying iPad gamers, but are making a profit and a larger fan-base from it. That is why they keep making ads with Arnold or Kate Upton. DECA should consider this and make ads for more new players who may seem interested, as this is only a flash game.

To rebalance, just make a survey and see what players think in general, and whichever gets the highest vote for being too OP and such, shall receive that necessary nerf. Trying to get my new friends into this game and they do not seem that excited as they procedurally die a ton. So I believe ROTMG should have some new/more exciting items released which lower-leveled players have an actual chance to get. Or make a complete new portal in nexus for Light-Blue stars and under, so they can experience the realm without many hackers or wealthy players. Removing major events would also help balance the Light-Blue and under realm.

I feel that DECA could add a generic quest MMO system like many other games have. Since currently, quests only lead you to a boss relative to your level, they should also give out T9 weapons, T4 abilities, T10 armor and T4 rings. Obviously not the sub-level 20 quests, but quests like Ent Ancients, Ghost Kings, and Liches. In many cases, I see new players using low tiered items, and in many circumstances, potions wouldn’t help them.

A Realmeye Christmas [CLOSED]

Maybe not in-game, but rather, something like the player can earn special items, but nothing OP (loot pots, maybe even vanity weapons) from watching adds, which is completely optional. Another possible solution is to make watching these adds give small amounts of Gold after watching an ad (maybe 10 Gold per 1-minute ad?). This would be capped at 5 ads per day, so as to prevent bots from farming tons of tops like Acclaims and screwing up the economy.

Sounds good. Or maybe make it fame, and release things for sale for fame.

Lel the Christmas giveaway will definitely help re balance (sarcasm). Light blue star gets pixie set and sells it to some yellow star for a def or something. I feel like this isn’t far from what is going to happen after the giveaway tho. RIP the Realm Economy.

I like the sb idea, not this though. Game is easy enough as is, they didn’t nerf the abyss for nothing.

ehh. Like in game or on the side, most people who play rotmg with money and stuff play on flash and you got no room for ads there.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.