Doku No Ken

ok… Im sorry to the Doku lovers out there, but Doku is so trash. If you go to the Haizor DPS calculator and compare the DPS of Doku to other katanas such as Sadamune, Enforcer, Celestial Blade, Kiritsukeru, and Blade of the Assailant, you can see that Doku only beats Kiritsukeru up until 16 defense.(This is all on ninja btw) Doku also has a shitty shot pattern which sometimes makes it difficult to hit shots. Yea ok it has 5.2 range, but so does celestial blade and enforcer has even more. Ok Doku pierces, but if you can’t get close enough to the enemies with a sadamune, piercing is the last of your problems. The only reason I see people use Doku is beause of nostalgia. It should get reworked. Maybe because it drops from the son of the spider queen, it should have a chance to slow on hit? What do you guys think?

No, a mid game common katana should not be buffed and is fine as it is.

So what, you are surprised rare endgame katanas such as sadamune and enforcer beats the Doku no Ken ?

doku is rare for me cuz i have 3 sadamunes and like 2 of everything else( no enforcers) but i got my first doku like 2 weeks ago

Just feel like doku is not worthy of the UT title

Really, it can’t even beat the A.S.S of katanas in DPS consistently. Just because it’s midgame doesn’t mean it has to be as bad as is, it’s just a T12 sidegrade most of the time, and sometimes not even that.

Honestly i have no idea, but i’m 100% sure the constant crawling depths events have something to do with it

It at least needs some kind of niche, it went from literal best katana ingame to hot garbage/fp. And soon, when DECA pushes Ripper nerf then CDepths will become a barren wasteland.

Perhaps a buff in firing rate to compete with other DPS katanas but on use small chance of slow (you shoot a tonna shots, more than you realise)?

Haha, yes, finally some realization that Doku’s status as a nicheless UT that fulfills no clear role makes it a terrible UT and a mediocre weapon at best.

Frankly, I’d personally like it if it had more of a clearing niche, keeping its higher rate of fire of course, as that seems to be the unifying trait of the Epic dungeons’ weapons.

Doku is a safe midgame alternative to T12 until you get T13/T14 or Celestial. It has its’ purpose considering the difficulty to obtain.

But if its only purpose is “middle ground between two tiered items”, that just sounds like some sort of twisted Poison Fang Dagger situation…except Doku at least tries to stand out somewhat, as opposed to Poison Fang’s generic design.
The point is that Doku’s lack of a niche makes it barely a sidegrade at all, just like the Robe of the Mad Scientist.
For any UT, ask yourself: when do I want to use this? When would I rather use a tiered item?
With Doku, it’s hard to give a proper answer other than maybe an edge case with lower defense…which, imo, is reason enough for a tweaking of numbers.
Heck, even Cutlass has at least some difference from the tiered swords with more shots, lower range.

I see it as a better T12 (except vs high Def) with increased range, still pierces and great for those who don’t feel safe with Ninja and the short range of standard Katanas. Most higher range weapons (Abraham wand, Cserpant staff, csword, carved golem, even Ray) have a trade off of lower dps than even T10s. You could make a case for Tshot but bows are in a weird place.
Scientist robe is literally a T13 robe with vit and wis exchanged. At least Doku has advantages over T12 without being outright better.

Celestial does have the same range and lacks piercing with the best dps. I’d say Celestial needs a slight range nerf to 4.8 or 5.0 and leave Doku as is.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.