Dragon Tamer 16x16 redrawn V4- BB

I don’t have a warrior anymore RIP, but I like the dragon tamer set except for its drop rate and place
However, one thing I don’t like from it is the skin:

I thought I could do better, so I want to know what you guys think!

Recolored, thinned out, and shrunken, via @Ickabod’s and Xaklor’s advice! What do you think now? I’m quite sure this should work within the restraints of RoTMG

Sprite Sheet

Heavy inspirations from Fire Embem GBA series, and megaman X’s Ultimate Armor and Shadow Armor

Edit: Actually, what’s the max sprite size for attacking? 0_o
Edit: Changed it a couple of times. The side-attack animation seemed odd to me.

Holy shit thats a sexy sprite

It’s attack is like the best thing I’ve ever seen. Great job!

@Septagram @Filefjonka, Thanks! The attacking animations are very heavily inspired by Fire Emblem, the GBA series, so you might like them too! I’ve changed the side-attack, because the arm placement seemed weird…

It feels rather awkward and clunky to me, i’d make the sword smaller, thin out his legs, and give his head a more defined shape. The colors are also too bright and don’t match the set items. The sword swoop animations is neat but warriors tend to fire 80^10 shots per second which would also look really awkward. Him also not being symmetrical on is super off putting.

I see, thank you! The sword was huge because I thought the Indomptable was such a nice blade, but it shoots so slow, so I thought it would be huge. The bright colors… I suppose the yellow is way too bright. I’ll fix that. I’ll see what it looks like with a super high fire-speed. I’ll also see if I can thin the limbs!

edit; hold up. This only appears when you are using the Indomptable, with the full set! So, yeah, the warrior isn’t exactly firing like usual, even if a berserk buff is granted by another warr. I’ll see to the other issues.

Edit2: Yeah, I plugged Indomptable & berserk into pfiffel. It’s pretty slow, so the warrior’ssprite shouldn’t change like a machine gun round.

Correct me if I’m wrong but I don’t think attack animations can have more then one frame.

your sprite is too big, it’s a similar issue to the one with power’s art contest submission.

the purple square is the size restriction of all frames aside from the secondary attack frame, and that one can only extend to the right. you’re moving in both directions here, which makes the sprite too big.

even if you don’t like saving on the draw tool, I still recommend you use it for sketching to make sure you don’t make something that doesn’t fit.

That’s what I’m talking about! I vaguely remember something about the limited box that’s wrong. I’ll try to fix it, but it’ll come a lot later today…

Edit, @Xaklor, sorry to be bothering you, but does the extending box for the attack only expand sideways for the side-attack-2? If no, then I also need to change front-attack-2 and back-attack-2 of the animation. Where do you get these details, anyways?

Bump, because I just re-made another one!

now can we please burn the one in-game? it looks weak and boring.

still this problem

well, don’t characters have 2 frames for attacking? Like this

u right, i think. I know nothing when it comes to this stuff

Aww, it’s okay Shatters! It’s hard being good at everything :heart:

Poor guy, had to change it like 5 times. But i still like it! It’s an amazing idea.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.