Dungeon specific music

Adding new BGM to the game isn’t necessary, but I am sure some people will enjoy it, I would. How about Snake Pit music being some sort of snake charmer music or just environmental sounds like lava and hellish screams when you’re inside Abyss of Demons. On the downside, this will make RotMG’s file-size or cookies you import into browser larger. Or if you use Flash Player it might load for longer? Might not be big of an issue but yeah.

Mod note: Moved to Ideas > Dungeons & Enemies
~ BMJ

What Community-Designed Ideas Would You Like to See In-Game?
Rkigoo's Ideas

Yes we would all love more music in realm but before we start suggesting everything we gotta ween DECA off reddit :stuck_out_tongue:

@Vitallium Man I was looking at this page and ur comment just popped up, no refresh… i’m in heaven.

@moderators I have reached my max post after 20 mins :stuck_out_tongue: I think alot of my post have been helpful/constructive is there no way to lift that limit, am I out for 24 hours?

Can this please be a thing? I want Pink Floyd playing while I’m floating around in sprite worlds.

I like this idea ^-^ it would make me turn on the game music again for sure!

I removed the name of the private server.

I am operating on the “no cheats, hacks, exploits” portion of the guidelines.

Private Servers are a direct violation of deca’s ToS and have a clear negative impact on the game development and the property rights of the game owners.

I do not wish to be overly strict. Since this thread is not primarily about pservers at all, hopefully this is a fair compromise to at least not name the server.

Thanks.

Support! :grin:

I think it would be cool if there was a tab in the settings that allowed you to set your own music that you want to be played in specific areas. For example, I’d set this for the Undead Lair. :smiley:

Bilal had this idea a few years ago and made some really good RotMG themed music.

Here’s a link to Bilal’s soundcloud page if you care to have a listen (worthwhile):

I’m a professional music producer as my day job, so I’d be happy to contribute some stuff too for free if I had some guarantee it’d actually get used.

Making some new midi songs could be a new contest for Deca

That would be really fun :smile:

Bilal! I forgot about that guy. Really loved listening to his music.

I think that this is a great idea! Since many private servers have dungeon-specific music, this would be a great takeaway from them.

Yes please yes please yes please please please please. One thing, we gotta be careful because I feel like the music could easily be screwed up and never fixed. Chip tune fits the game pretty damn well so I hope deca can give some thought to that too along with environmental noises.

An option to let us play our own music, while it’d be difficult to code, would be RAD.

And, let’s be honest, everyone familiar with the older parts of the community has all wanted to, or at least thought of, doing Oryx’s Chamber and the Wine Cellar to the tune of “Separate Ways (Worlds Apart)”.

Having dungeon-specific music would be a great idea.

If you guys play Starbreak, and you go to a zone, there will be a certain music playing, which sort of makes you feel like you are in that environment.

Back to RotMG. I can imagine quite a lot of music associated with each dungeon.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.