Dungeons not worth running?

it’s just kind of inevitable really. older UTs get powercreeped into oblivion as time goes on, and beyond UTs and STs there’s nothing else to drop as a reward. there’s only so many different types of pots so you can always get what you want elsewhere, though they’re not really worth much to most endgame players to begin with.

I mean, the Shatters is a perfect example of this. It was originally a hard dungeon that gave tons of loot compared to its companions, but this difficulty was with the mindset of your average mid-high skill kabam player with not much strong gear. Because of this, once more and more items were being made, each with stronger and stronger capabilities, the Shatters became a lot easier and more boring since stronger items = faster completions, and couple this with the fact that because there were dungeons that had more exciting boss fights and had higher chances for loot, the Shatters (in the eyes of veteran players) seemed to be not worth the time and risk, with the exception for the occasional crown or 2. This belief has affected other dungeons, such as the ot, tomb and mt, but really the reason we think this is because us vet players have easier ways to obtain the loot from these dungeons. I used to think tombs were the stuff, and it was the only way to max life, but after I started running exaltation dungeons, I slowly started to lose interest in tombs since I had more fun(in my eyes at the time), efficient ways to get life.

This ends my TED talk on Realm of the Mad God. Thank you.

Tomb is extremely inefficient imo. Nests are 10x better for life.

I forgot to include this dungeon in my post, my bad.

I think it’s less about the actual loot drop and more about the fact that they simply don’t offer anything we can’t find elsewhere. Specifically, they don’t offer the exaltations that everyone is going out of their way to search for. For example, void often drops pbags or a single life or mana, hardly worth doing the 2nd (or maybe 3rd, 4th, or 5th) most difficult boss in the game for. HOWEVER, because it offers one more dungeon complete toward exalting mana, ppl will do it regardless. As noted, every dungeon you listed is difficult to reach, whether because it only drops from events, appears in court of oryx, or simply drops from a rare runner. Because of this, people aren’t willing to realm farm for it simply because it’ll take a long time and realm jumping to find a good event and it’s simply not worth the effort. Additionally, few people are willing to spend their gold on these keys because they don’t offer as much as an exalted dungeon ever will. The point I’m trying to make is that I don’t think there ever will be a way to encourage ppl to do these dungeons outside of events but I don’t think that’s an awful thing either. After all, the only reason other dungeons are done outside of exalts is to max so then we can do exalts… (or that might just be me)

I think it is an issue with tombs/OT never dropping loot too. It is much easier AND rewarding for me to run DDocks and kill the crab for life than it is for me to try and do a tomb. I can go through a Cdepths much faster than an OT and get mana + greater potions too. If I’m in a group, I’ll usually atleast get a greater potion from Cdepths where an OT or Tomb will give me 0 most of the time.

These older dungeons have a big time investment with little to no reward.

Third Dimension takes wayyyy too long. The bosses are too tanky. I would like to do them but honestly it just isn’t fun. Just takes too long. MT I’m honestly fine with, its a pain to rush but if you can pull it off it can be pretty fun. Clearing isn’t bad either. The boss is annoying with the constant invulnerability though.

Clands are absolute trash I used to spend literal HOURS in them hoping for a pixie and have never gotten a single ST from them

Any court of oryx dungeon isn’t worth running due to the time it takes to reach it in the first place. You can just forge whatever you want from them most of the time (HTT is an exception, I still run those because I can’t forge the items from there. If they are added to the forge though, I personally would never farm it again. Might run it for fun every now and then, but I would never go out of my way to do it for an item)

It’s sad. A combination of Item Forge and new dungeons invalidated a large reason to run most dungeons in the game

May we also say that Tomb is not that worth to raid unless there is an event or you are trying to get Tunnel Rat fame bonus? Also, Tomb needs a rework IMO.

Not really, I would spam Encore for that EZ Shield Rune and ST/UT’s.

I thought tomb is unneeded for tunnel rat? or did they change it?

They do now.

Well… that’s an unwelcome change. Nobody walks into tombs anymore, and if I happen to be on a character that can’t quite rush tomb, then the entire group is fucked because nobody else knows how to do tomb. Like, at all.

I can at least rush Tomb on any classes, including my Samu. Again, I want to see Tomb getting tweaked to make it less anti-melee (or at least crank down the difficulty to something like OT’s).

Everything in tomb needs to be tweaked. Especially ring of the sphinx and nile.

sphinx has already been buffed and is pretty good imo, nile on the other hand. . .really needs a buff

well, sphinx is not worth walking into tomb for. It takes forever to clear.

Also +8 dps stats is…really shit when coupled with 100 mp and the fact that there are better rings to wear.

It’s mainly because the Weakening shots from the Priest(ess). I think their HP can get tuned down and cannot heal the Sarc.

8 DPS stat (Coronation have 8 DPS stat but it’s purely Dex) and 100 MP (utility-wise). is really useful for some classes now. Knight, Assassin, Samu and few other classes can use this ring now.

Maybe increase the Dex and Speed bonus from +4 to +6 ?

“Tunnel Rat” now simply includes all Wild Shadow-era dungeons. Thus, this includes Tomb.

Unfortunately, sphinx being “useful” now does not constitute it as 1/4, so players will opt in for a 1/4 ring instead.

Honestly +8 dps isn’t bad if you don’t have a crown or omni, but yea I can agree

Sphinx can be used at least as a budget DPS ring.

forget nests, ddocks and wlabs, esp ddocks can drop 2-3 life if your lucky and its wayyy faster and more fun