Establish stable economy

looks at poster

:face_with_raised_eyebrow:

o lol i recovered it should probably change it

Fluctuating prices are a feature of any free market.

Pots vs Items value:
Item prices are in general lower now than at any time previously, and thatā€™s (IMO) because players are avoiding death more than ever, both legitimately from petpower, and illegitimately via hackclient use. Fewer overall deaths means lower demand for items, and depression on item value is the consequence.

Pots vs Pots value:
This is somewhat more resilient since thereā€™s still hurdles in place meaning rainbows are easier to get than defs, and mana/life more difficult still, keeping their relative values fairly static. Thereā€™s certainly a blip going on because of many more people running the lower dungeons for their quests. I expect people will tire a little of the quest mechanic and weā€™re still amidst the ā€œhigh tideā€ for prices because of the player numbers running rainbow dungeons, but I do think the New Tinkerer will have fundamentally changed the economy for good, as has, to a lesser amount, adding Snake Pits into godlands.

They could make an alternative system where we trade pots with ā€œthe gameā€ instead of with each other, and ā€œthe gameā€ would set the price, take it or leave it, adjustable by Deca High Command. This would be one way to engineer fixed prices for items/pots.

That would break the economy in its own way though. A comparison would be like the difference between entrepreneurship and having a job. Entrepreneurship doesnā€™t have a stable income, but can yield good results (like trading), but if you got a steady job (trading with the game) you would have a steady income, a rate of trading pots without change. People would just farm all day long and not trade at all they knew that at the end of the day they can just get the same rate.

What?

Just seize the means of production, boom stable economy :^)

Well, everyone ā€œprints moneyā€ in MMOs and pots donā€™t have something to anchor their values (eg USD once had gold backing it), so this was bound to happen.

Extra Credits did a whole series on this, but every suggestion was countered with ā€œbut hackers!ā€ by the kong forums.

Def increased in value. Fake news.

hey guys OP is buying skysplitters for 1 life each

ermā€¦that wouldnā€™t make sense because mana is 4 def. It just rose to five. Regardless, it used to be 3 def.

my account was hacked and my desc said ā€œbeen hackedā€ but i got account back

So the hacker was playing on your account was heā€¦

:thinking:

When you havenā€™t took an economics class yetā€¦

First time Iā€™ve seen you post anything but a essay that my attention span had no will to read.

Itā€™s all mostly in the Academy, Ideas section, everywhere else itā€™s usually like thisā€¦ Then again it literally IS the first time I did this :|||||||||||||

No

The change in the economy is a representation of a revival of the game in my opinion. I do
believe that the community is growing, and with the addition things like chests that make
some items easier and more readily available causes a slight price drop.
Itā€™s a double-edged sword. While the deflation causes more abundance and lower price level,
its a double edged sword because itā€™s now easier than ever before to rebuild.
A newer player getting a def for the first time can freely enjoy lots of value!
I personally think this change is healthy.

Will this whole topic help
With my economic test tomorrow?
:joy:

maybe :rofl:

Overall item prize drop may have to do with how easily Realm has become? Abyss and Sewers have decreased in generation size and most significantly is the ā€˜Pay2Winā€™ aspect of the game, a.k.a. pets.