Events

Its because events break realm’s simplicity and the actual fun of it. Sure, you get good loot, but with no work to back up that loot, I don’t see the point. At this point we’re just spoon feeding DECA money.

HA, THIS is how you yell:

STOP COMPLAINING ABOUT

EVENTS !!! !!! !!!

On a more serious note I agree with both of the points stated in your post. Honestly, who cares that you don’t like them? They’re there to stay and at least it’s something. Plus there are a whole lot of people that DO like them, they are just less vocal about it.

Complainers always appear to be the vast majority of the population because of the great extent they will go to ensure that their opinion gets shoved in everyone’s face.

EDIT: @Idragonet Jeez I didn’t know it could get that big cuz font size limit is 10. Lol.
EDIT 2: @Idragonet Ok point made lmfao. Note of warning, I’d remove one or shrink a post down because a mod will remove it quickly if theres too much phat text lol

This is how you yell.
Stop complaining about events!!!

sorry for the long post

U can make it a lot larger.
a
u see? it’s a giant a. If I made it any bigger, u wouldn’t be able to see the entire a, yet u still can’t see it at this size. I hope neither of these posts are flagged as spam or removed because they are too big. To do this, just do big with < and > around it

I feel sorry for the people that sit on their ass all day
farming whatever shard or egg needed for a pixeled skin/gear

You didn’t yell, you just typed in all caps…

given I don’t like to yell irl to me that is yelling.

DECA’s events are appreciated. It shows that the company cares about the playerbase and wants to keep us interested. On this note, I do like the events. On the other hand, DECA’s events seem like a band-aid to the game’s main issue: the boredom of doing the same things over and over and over and over again.

As @BLUbeans said, “it’s more like rolling dice over and over again.” RotMG’s player base is, essentially, a gambling community; we are all playing for the chance to get rare items, while risking our characters. So, DECA is basically exploiting the community’s affection for gambling by making these “popcorn” events, which are largely unsubstantial in content. Each event just gives us the inclination to run a certain dungeon in a robot-like fashion. Is this really playing the game? Running the same dungeon repeatedly, trying to get some rare item which has been placed in a loot chest? I don’t think it is.

Now, what can we compare this situation to? Essentially, it’s just someone giving you the same gift every Christmas. Little to no thought is put into it - it’s just a gesture that the person cares about you, but not too much.

DECA could make substantial updates by releasing new dungeons, new classes, etc. And, with their public testing and new releases, I think they’ve been doing pretty well in this field. If DECA focused more on updates with actual content rather than just letting us play with the same slot machine, the game would be much better off.

Additionally, these updates would give players a genuine desire to play. I quit for 2 years because there was nothing new. DECA’s login calendar didn’t bring me back. What did bring me back, though, was the Lost Halls. When I read a newsletter describing changes to the Lost Halls, I feel excited to try them out. Reading an update that says “New ocean trench chest with a chance to get rare skins,” you just feel like the game is forcing you to run the same dungeon over and over again to get good items.

Lastly, as several people mentioned, these events screw around with the game’s economy. Since I’m not a big trader, I haven’t particularly been hurt by these crashes. But, these events do create an unreasonable excess of a certain potion and the items dropped in the chest, which greatly devalue tradeable items. Furthermore, this excess results in price decreases (which can be seen as a good thing in many people’s eyes), which, in turn, takes away much of the challenge and the fun of maxing characters.

In my eyes, DECA releasing slot machine-esque events is just a little better than Kabam’s months of stagnation, and I feel this way only because it shows that DECA actually cares about the community. The game would have a much healthier economy and a much more interested player base if DECA focused on content-based events rather than reskinned-content-based events.

i personally like the events, but i would rather enjoy it more if they didnt make a key box for the dungeon. that way people would actually farm the realm instead of sitting in the nexus all day

When we were playing earlier you were doing chains, the rest of us were just constantly migrating to new realms, just because there is a chain does not mean it is required

The only new thing this game needs is hp scaling for more (or all) dungeons, tweaks, a new class, and an entirely new engine to run on. We don’t need constant events.

Honestly, I don’t despise events but it makes the game too easy and most including myself would like the traditional Realm back where it would take over 200 shatters to get a crown, instead of leeching on an ice tomb and getting an ice crown. I just feel like event chests should at least nerf the insane loot you can get or at least make event chests harder to get. I understand that you don’t have to do it but I really despise seeing new players get their hands on pyras, cbows and reskin tops without putting any effort into the game. It makes it unfair to those veterans who would grind and learn to play this game the way it should be.

I wish they could link the sb damage you did to the boss or bosses to the chest and if the chest detects you did 0 damage you would get nothing from the chest. because if you did not help with the boss why should you get loot

I can openly agree with all of this. while the main point of this topic was to kinda rant about the over bitching about event I am glad to see people state their reasons for liking or disliking events so calmly. I sense this topic would not go as well the reddit.

hp scaling is something they are rolling out and I sense eventually all bosses will have it. as for a new class the issue with that is they need to create a need for a new class i.e they need a class which is not a upgrade of something we already have. as for the new engine given flash is being phased out in 2020? not sure if that when but it around that time. anyway with that happening ether the game will be abandoned or they will upgrade to a new engine.

outside running keys with mmy guild I don’t think I do chains I just farm godlands the server I play on is a very small one so it’s easy to find a dungeons to solo

i would rather do it in the realm, but since a lot of people bought keys, i can do more in a shorter amount of time. im just maximizing my loot chances, but i prefer farming the realm for the dungeons instead.
also: i like the dungeon events in gland dungeons, that way people would actually have multiple chances to do a certain dungeon

This is a terrible idea. Do you know how many times I’ve done a dungeon or event with a maxed character, ready to go in and just wallop on the boss? Half the time I don’t even care if I get any loot, I’m fine with getting nothing. But that’s beside the point, bosses get insta-killed all the time. With events in dungeons like abyss, puppet, UDL and Lab, there’s rarely a time where there’s a big group and the boss isn’t steamrolled in less than 2 seconds. Couple this with the fact that if you don’t reach SB on a boss (Or do any damage, but I assumed it had to be sb), that’s an even bigger problem for DECA just because this community likes to find the littlest flaws in the game and tell anyone who’ll listen all about why they should change it and that the game is terrible.

I’m with you there. There’s no fun in having an endgame hard to acquire item when new players who’ve done nothing but sit back until the chest of an event dungeon spawns to get those same endgame whites, but reskinned.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.