Everything about Realmeye Formatting

oh well, worth a try. i dont really care, i just link it where-ever either way

dijfdijdf

ok I have a problem with formatting using the code tag, I think itā€™s supposed to show the formatting of something but when I use it it just shows the result of the formatting.

For example if I want to show the [color] clolour tags in a post and use the code tag so people can easily copy and paste to colour whatever text they want to, it doesnā€™t work. I just get coloured text in my code??

Any colo(u)r you like

[color=red]Any colo(u)r you like[/color]

[color=orange]Any colo(u)r you like[/color]

Quote my post to see the markup.

ohh using the 
 command [color=red]dfdf[/color]  

Huh. It doesnā€™t show.

In-line code can be used by surrounding the text with ` tick marks.

A single line of code can also be surrounded in ` ticks, but also can be marked as code by starting the line with four spaces.

You can mark several lines of code at once by putting three ticks on an empty line above and below the text.

Hereā€™s a picture of my drafting a post with all the variations.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

[Thread reopened at @Nevovā€™s request. OB]

Added a few bits, font size: I only use small/big though I think there are other ways to do it, code, & details/collapsed section.

iā€™M SO CONFUSED

lol, no clue why that happened, you didnā€™t even edit this before?

I guess because you are being ā€œ@ā€-ed in the OP, my edit triggered the notification to fire again?

no I also edited, that was probably it since it has my name.

Complicated formatting can make the [details] tags not work properly. You need to have the [details] tags on lines on their own, with a BLANK LINE above and below:

Example:

Just posted that so I can point people to it directly, when their tags fail.

unhidden

[details=Summary]This text will be hidden[/details]unhidden

That also works

Yep a one-liner does work, in straightforward posts, itā€™s once you start trying to use formatting marks, or html, it soon goes broken. When it got to the 3rd time I was saying the same ā€œfix itā€ solution post, I thought Iā€™ll make a better way to not just keep typing it out. :slight_smile:

Hmm, ok.

Itā€™s also gives better overview for yourself if you put extra blank lines in between.

i used to have a ton of trouble with it, but concluded it only need a blank line before and after the [quote=ā€œNevov, post:35, topic:2452ā€]

Whatever

[/quote]

and[quote=ā€œNevov, post:35, topic:2452ā€]

[/quote]

thus the blank lines in the details arent needed.
At least thats how it is for me

Iā€™ll try that out next time it fails for me, thanks.