Exalt bug: items in a bag/inventory going blank

i found another bug, this one stops the first item in every bag from being interacted with. you can only see it if you’re holding an item. the only way i could fix this was relaunching

Item missing...but not?
Loot pick up problem
Exalt Discussion
Exalt is still in beta ( ͡ಥ ͜ʖ ͡ಥ)

I split this off the Exalt Discussion into its own bug topic.
I think I’ve called it something that describes the bug “Exalt bug: items in a bag/inventory going blank” but if I’m misunderstanding it please feel free to retitle as you wish, OP.

Hello, I will link to a youtube video of me showing this strange occurrence. I have not tried to fix it yet (restarting my game) but I will try that now. Something similar to this happened before, but it was with a def pot in my 5th inventory slot. It would disappear and every time I lifted up an item, it would reappear. However, when I stood over a bag it would take the appearance of the first item in the bag. Strange.

edit: So I restarted and the items came back. Well, it is a strange bug (that gave me a heart attack) but it seems to have a simple fix.

Yup, same thing happened to me

Interesting, I wonder if this is caused by the same bug that disables slots since the behavior is similar.
Basically that bug is kind of like what causes items like hp pots to stick on your screen until reset in the Flash client. It’s when you’re moving something at the same time the bag you’re accessing switches (for example, if you’re picking up your loot from a boss and another player, having received new tiered equipment they wanted, just drops their old tiered equipment on the ground right where they were standing and it makes it so you’re viewing that bag now instead).

However, the effects are much more severe. It basically makes you unable to use that slot until you restart your game. This can easily mean lost loot if you don’t restart in a timely manner (plus whatever loot you were trying to pick up that got glitched to begin with might be lost as well). It can also disable you from attacking altogether other than using autofire if it happens to break in a certain way.
So I feel like these two bugs may have the same root cause, as they share similar effects like a slot appearing blank and unusable.

Yes, it also affects all bag drops if you don’t restart the client. Definitely a holdover from the flash client.

oof

you can still pick it up though right?

Nope. Tried swapping, dragging and double clicking. Its like the item isn’t there

big, big oof

For a sec thought you got a chicken leg from Janus lol

with a bug like this it actually might be possible to get a refund if you email Deca about it with the screenshot

big oofs if you can’t

big F
btw if you report this on ticket i believe they can give you that shield later

I actually had that bug but it was in my vault. Every 2nd item in the 2nd row of every single vault chest was invisible unless I dragged another item but even then the sprite wasn’t even in the box it was supposed to be. I fixed it by restarting exalt but it looks like you can’t do that here lol

IIRC, a screenshot usually isn’t enough as it’s ridiculously easy to manipulate. A harder form of evidence like a screen recording might work, though.

usually, but the Unity beta just released and there are still a load of bugs in it, they might help more than usual if you lose an item to a bug like this and report it.

The existence of totally a white bags and fool’s prisms has led to a few fake “lost whites” I’ve heard

Apparently changing resolution real quick fixes it as well, sucks that you lost that one, but you know how to save any other white bags if it happens again. (Was informed of this by @Linthia)

I got the same glitch but with a freakin UT

Sorry if the pic is bad but this happened and i lost a harlyqueen armor after i got it and couldnt get it.Still heartbroken…