Exalt issues that I'm unable to fix pls help

Yo I decided I wanted to try out O3 since that released, but my exalt client won’t work, no matter what I try.

I originally noticed this issue on the 22nd, when O3 released, and tried a couple fixes and gave up when none of them worked, ever since then I’ve not been able to get Exalt to work with any fix I’ve been able to find, I tried every solution in this guide and none of them have worked.

Whenever I try to launch the game it will just give me the popup saying “Build does not exist in the current location” and telling me I have to redownload the build.

I’ve tried these fixes multiple times, and completely uninstalled and reinstalled the game multiple times, no matter what I try it always just does the same thing.

I’m using Windows 10 and my PC shouldn’t be an issue, as I can run pretty much any game pretty well.

Any help would be appreciated.

I don’t know what to say other than contacting Deca for help.

Maybe I could try linking my account over with my Steam and play it from there, as I wouldn’t have a problem playing like that anymore since I exclusively want to play on exalt anyway.

anyone know if you can link a web account over to a Steam account? I know the inverse is possible but I’ve never heard of someone going from web to steam.

No. DECA support flat out refuses to do so.

well fuck then

my only other solution to play the new content is by becoming an epic gamer but I kinda don’t want to use a cool kid client.

I mean turn off all the hacks and no one can really incriminate you if you don’t screenshot like an idiot.

bump because I dislike my only option to play the game being epic gamer clients

pls help

Here are possible fixes:

1. Have you tried disabling antivirus/firewall when installing?
  2. Have you tried the delete all folders?
  3. Have you tried the moving the entire exalt folder to a new location?
  4. If your name has non-Latin character (æ,ê,Õ) have you tried making a separate account on windows?

I recommend still making a new windows user even if you don’t have non-Latin characters in the account name so you have a clean slate and seeing if it works there. Good luck!

is your account a web account or a kong acc transferred to web?

ye multiple times

ye multiple times

I’ll try setting the location for the installation to something different in the installer

Edit: nope, still the same result, this is what happens every time I try to launch the game.

My windows account is just my irl name so it’s all regular characters

If I were to make a different user and install it on that one would it work on my main?

I assume it wouldn’t but if it doesn’t that would just be a hassle that I don’t want to deal with just to play one game.

regular web account made on https://www.realmofthemadgod.com/

Doing so will at least give an indication on whether the problem lies with your computer or if it’s some configuration problem on your main user account.

after downloading and launching the game on a new user it was able to launch.

I don’t know what the issue with using my main user could be, as it can’t be the non-latin characters issue.

On your main user, check to see if in documents>RealmOfTheMadGod>Production there is a RotMG Exalt.exe. If not then move the files from the new user onto your main. If the exe is already present, then it might have something to do with your registry being messed up (idk just a guess).

To fix a messed up registry, go back to your new user and open regedit then find RotMG Exalt Launcher right click it and export the registry file (because you want to get a clean slate’s registry). Then on your main user, go File>Import and load that registry file and let it overwrite your current one. Make sure you have your launcher in the same location as the new user’s. If that doesn’t work, then I honestly have no idea.

In the end you can still play on the new user so it’s not that bad.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.