Flash Projector crashing when launching the .swf

I tried to give realm a spin after a reeeaaaal long time, but I can’t seem to find a working method to play. I used to play just on chrome, but now I get half the time real bad black tiles and actions (ablities, damage registering etc.) are delayed by about 5-10s. h
I tried flash projector, but it either crashes when launching the .swf or just displays a blank window after crunching on it for a while.

The only method that really seemed to stabily work was Steam, but that’s no good since I have a web account.

My specs:

Macbook Pro 2015
Flash 30.0.0.134
Internet: stable ethernet connection about 700mbs download

A shame if I can’t get realm working, all the new content (basically everything after 2013 lol) looked real nice.

edit.

Opera seems to work fine!

Which flash player version are you using? Did you add the .swf to the trusted flash location? Are you using the most recent client?

Use this link
https://www.realmofthemadgod.com/AssembleeGameClient1533567022.swf
If that doesn’t work you can add the swf to the trusted flash location here:
https://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/settings_manager04.html

30.0.0.134 is the version i’m using.

The newest one I could find.

@brandoncao Didn’t resolve the issue.

have you tried using this link: https://www.realmofthemadgod.com/client

I updated my OS and got the flash projector running, the FPS however seems lowish and and there’s a bit of input lag and sticky keys.

Okay after doing some digging I guess I found the best possible solution.

I downloaded version flash player 18, which runs the game fine but eats memory like crazy. The game occasionally freezes (which will probably lead to deaths) but is otherwise playable.

Macs don’t seem to really enjoy flash nowadays. Hope deca will get the unity thing going fast.

macs arent specialized for gaming.

and im mac sooo.

If you’re playing on mac, I suggest avoiding Flash Player and browser platforms and trying to email Deca to see if you can link your browser account to a Steam account, which sadly I doubt you can do. Still worth a try, though.

if you’re really dedicated, you could just set up bootcamp like i did, but it takes up around 30gb of space depending on how much of your hard drive you want to partition, so it’s definitely not a first choice.

so its better to play on steam than flash player on a mac?

in my experience, steam ran smoother, although there were random lag spikes at some times like in flash. my recommendations are either to use bootcamp and install windows or use wine, although language issues on wine are pretty annoying to fix.

show me how to play windows on wine. i got wine

i need to play games that are windows only

LOL this was also the reason i used bootcamp

first off, you have to install a windows iso. warning: it is a fairly large file.

then, open bootcamp assistant and follow the guide. make sure you know where to locate your windows iso.
24%20PM

after you’ve finished with bootcamp installation, it’ll restart the computer and redirect you to the windows installation guide.

to switch between os’, hold down the option key when you restart or power on.

you do need quite a lot of memory for this, so partition the memory according to your personal usage requirements.

i cant download files more than 5 GB. because my net cant handle shit like that, its only 120 KBps.

i need to wait for my 10 mbps net so i guess ill wait.

I maybe need to look into wine. Have you yourself got it running nicely? The first time I tried it, it didn’t really work and crashed the whole computer.

wine works fine for me. i just set .exes to open with wine, and that’s pretty much it. i’ve used it for a whole array of things, from windows apps to emulators, so if you have followed the installation procedures correctly there shouldn’t be a problem.

I tried on the latest wine engine I found and the flash didn’t launch properly. Black screen with fragments of the startup and music.

Yep. Have the same experience as EpicNecros, just generally better frame rate and I could play a lot longer before I had to restart my client/PC.

Is there any decent tutorial etc. to running flash with wine. I tried several wine enginges but the result was either flash not running properly or not opening at all. Couldn’t find any proper tutorial to right wine engine/settings for flash.