Flash Projector Performance Issues

Hey guys!

I bought a new desktop and surprisingly wanted to play some realm. I downloaded the standalone Flash Projector, logged into my account and started playing. But! Everytime I move or shoot, my FPS drop from 60 to 30 or less. I tried to turn on/off hardware acceleration, changed the graphics settings, but nothing really helped me with that. I decided to try realm on Steam - went smoothly with high details and everything without a single FPS drop. Same thing in a browser. 60FPS, high details, everything went perfectly. I also tried different versions of Flash Projector, but the problem remains. Did something like that happened to any of you guys? I don’t want to play in browser, because it’s just… weird and I don’t have my main realm account registered on Steam. I appreciate every help from you!

Thanks!

Depends on what flash you have. try downloading a older version

I tried 4 different versions - 11, 18, 22, 28.

No difference.

You’re not using the Flash Debug Player are you? The problem is if you download it the app name is the same, it looks the same. The way to tell them apart is from the folders they are in, and the names of the archives, when you download them from e.g. here:

https://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/archived-flash-player-versions.html

Under Flash Player archives there are zip files that contain both debug and release versions of Flash Projector. If you download one of them it’s easier to see: it has separate folders for debug and release. In addition the debug versions usually have ‘debug’ in the name of their archives.

I downloaded the right thing.
Checked it and there isn’t the Projector itself in the debug folder.
I guess I really have to play in browser, although it’s just feels weird to me.

Found it, icons didn’t show up, so I thought it’s something I don’t need. Tried to turn realm on in the debug vetsion. Still no positive result.

I’d recommend playing in flash player projector 18, as 20+ projectors support features realm doesn’t use and are slightly slower as a consequence.

(link to open in flash player projector: https://realmofthemadgodhrd.appspot.com/client)

The projector is generally a lot less laggy than playing on browser.
Using the experimental options are a must at this point if you want decent fps. Especially disable particles master makes a huge difference.

As far as I can tell you’ve already done all this but afaik these are the only things that can help.

• View > quality > low
  • Hardware acceleration: on or off, one will be better
  • Flash 18 or the newest
  • Main menu > right click > global settings > clear
  • Options > Experimental > most things off

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.