Friday News: Changes to the Rune System

Let’s go! Really looking forward to this!

Before deflation takes over, S>Shield Rune for 16 decas @SirGravy

Real talk, though, these changes are awesome and I’m super excited for them!

Pretty sure it’s deflation…

You’re definitely right! I fixed it. Thank you :slight_smile:

I’m excited! I’ve only managed to find 4 public sessions since the release of O3 (not counting a fifth with a group that politely asked if they could make this a private session after waiting for some people to leave in silence, and of course, ignoring the free O3 events), so I’d love to see where this goes.

The only concern I have thus far is if the boss drop rates are also going to be tweaked to reflect this change of access.

I hope not, the difficulty still matches the drop rates or I’m just bad.

Trying to predict which Oryx Mark Deca is talking about… O1 or O3?

I would guess o1

I still think the best idea for O3 is rolling openings where there’s one day a week where O3 is open and some days when there are less runes required. It would keep the exclusivity, still require runes for “private” runs, and allow the community to better take part. If the portal randomly opens people are less likely to be prepared. My 2c.

That can be fun sometimes, though! Perhaps less so if it happens all the time, and especially if we have people trolling the counters, but pub runs have their own thrills imo, and not just O3.

Yeah it would be nice, maybe a Saturday or Sunday, when it would be open. It would give 6 days to grind and get some characters ready to do 03. Would make it very fun in a way