Friday News: Tweaking Dungeons

This is really nice! i like it!

Clean Oryx room gang.

if anything, make mbc survival actually dodgeable by letting us have 0% opacity not 50 why deca

Having already played with these changes (PT had them already, after all, albeit with a few unintended nitpicks), I can guarantee that they make Lost Halls much more bearable!
Now if only the Void wasn’t so incredibly tough to come by…

Nice, pub cults are going to take way less time now! Pub fungal/crystal also seems a bit more refined with those changes. Really looking forwards to the update!

Don’t the flames show up on the mini map when they go to troom?

I’m a big fan of the changes that make things go faster and more efficient. However, as a long time player the only excitement I want is from the challenges of endgame content. Hopefully DECA doesn’t keep nerfing dungeon bosses like this in the future. The MBC nerfs are honestly a bit disheartening as someone who enjoys the way the game plays. I’m hoping that when they remake Shatters they’ll make it harder and buff the drops too. All DECA seems to be doing at the moment is filling the gaps between the lower-skill content. By making MBC easier than it is they’re only making the transition to O3 harsher for less skilled players.

tbf, getting hit once and then needing to rely on sheer bulk to maybe survive the incoming, undodgable shotgun is…not a lot of fun.
I wouldn’t call it a nerf, more just balancing the fight slightly so it isn’t as cheap with killing you.

Comparatively, note how none of Oryx 3’s attacks inflict Slowed, Paralyzed, or Petrify. MBC is not comparable to Oryx 3 in that aspect.

Give the player an explanation of what the Crystal Fish Boss does in the Crystal Entity fight. Someone dies to it every second run, not because the pattern is difficult, but because there’s zero clarity to what the enemy does. It’s kind of cringey how hard it tries to cheese.

For Fungal Cavern, nerf the aggro dash range of spider/green mushroom. It’s pretty unfair it can dash to your tile from outside of screen in <1s. Especially when the aggro is built up by someone else.