Getting regular rank is hard

Lets face it, getting regular rank is difficult at the moment. Not because it is inherently hard mind you, but because the subs are filled with garbage posts that aren’t worth reading/liking/replying to. Every day it’s mundane thread after mundane thread, which really is a problem.

Some of the amazing threads we get way too often:

Mediocre item idea with no sprite or an ugly sprite.

Pointless question that could be figured out with a half second google search.

Vaguely titled thread that gives no clue to its contents, which are probably trash so no point in even looking to see what it is.

‘Is X good on Y’ question of the day, or it’s variants ‘should I do Z’, ‘what set is best for Y’, ‘what Y is X best on’, ‘should I do Z with X/Y’, ‘what Y should I make’ and other virtually identical and pointless questions that don’t need their own thread.

A pointless achievement nobody cares about.

Etc etc…

So you have to give out undeserving likes, read garbage, and make unprompted mediocre replies every day. Now I personally don’t really care about getting regular rank (it would be nice, but it’s too much work to keep even without the influx of bad threads), I just thought I should point this out. We need to start pumping out good threads that contribute to the forums as a whole to help dilute all this garbage. Though this is a garbage thread as well so I’m really not helping. :sunglasses:

Then don’t be a regular?

ok dad

Ugh, I don’t want to turn into some forum addict freak and try-hard back seat mod all day.

Some days are better than others, recently it’s been pretty boring (compared to the usual) probably because of Thanksgiving and a decent amount of people being on vacation or just not online.

There are mundane posts, I will agree with that but just contribute to the community. You might not like some ‘mundane’ posts but just give it your best shot and reply to it whatever way you like… or even just read it and that will get you closer to regular mind you.

One thing you should get use to if you want to be a helpful forum member is repeat questions in their own thread.

Just answer each time no need to give them a lecture.

But what if we don’t have tenure? :sunglasses:

Should this be in a different category? Maybe Forum Feedback? Although it isn’t RotMG related, it is related to the Forums.

Wait so,

is this thread a complaint about the requirements for regular, or the forums current state?

Either way there’s nothing that will be changed :joy:

wait you have to give likes to be reg O_O

there are plenty of good threads to reply on the problem is just finding one amidst all the crap

Trust level 3 / Regular requirements are actually pretty light on the reply/post counts. A diverse and deep reading of the forum is more important. Knowing what’s going on more broadly in the community gives you a well rounded and complete understanding of the social norms around here. Participation in a narrow range of subjects doesn’t give one the same perspective of someone who lurks regularly.

i was banned once for a couple "kys"es
rip regular

Hey, that’s unfair! Telling someone to keep themselves safe isn’t ban-worthy in my opinion o:

yea some dudes got jugg and i wanted them to keep themselves safe…

Now I feel guilty for leaving a forums post about my 6 year anniversary ;~;

Any anniversary after 2 years is post worthy IMO. :sunglasses: