Ghosted players

Through all of my experiences of playing realm, the one thing that I find the most annoying is when you’re in a huge mass of players and you can’t see shit. You can’t see yourself, the enemy particles, or the enemy. I’ve seen many players die when they get confused unexpectedly into hot magma in a Shatts, or get popped by a crusade commander in LH, I have a simple solution to this problem. Add an option to make other players into “Ghosts”, making them transparent enough to see the enemies and shots coming at you, but solid enough so that they’re not completely gone. I feel like this will be a big improvement on things such as player survivability and overall gameplay in large groups. This will also help when there is a chest event, as players tend to swarm over a certain place a chest spawns, and through the midst of confusing colors you would probably miss the chest.

E.g. LH void entity

Transparent/Translucent Players

Yes

A year/six months ago I’d have insta-agreed with you but now there are all these other Experimental graphical options I’m finding no real problem with seeing what I need to see in a massive-full dungeon/chest situation.

Have you tried using some of the Experimental settings? As you haven’t mentioned them at all in your post, and they are relevant to speak about, because that example image looks like it’s pulled from another player’s video footage rather than being direct in-game footage?

I know what you’re saying about a messy screen, but your point would be better highlighted if you used a screenshot from your playing rather than a 2nd hand one that isn’t “original” quality. That other player might like the game in full graphics mode (or the vid could date from before all these options were added in).

That said, I wouldn’t say “no” to ghosted players as an on-off toggle option, I think. Couldn’t do harm (unless it added a ton of lag ironically making the game worse instead of better :laughing: ).

Transparent/Translucent Players

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.