Going back to Realm! Any massive changes I should know about?

My main concern is that the game will be too hard to progress in and that I will die on all my characters, rage a little bit, quit for a little bit, decide to give the game another go, rebuild a lot, and then lose everything again. For me, the process of maxing is very much not fun, and I feel like that’s all I will be doing when it comes out. I really don’t know tho, it could improve the game a whole lot, but it also could ruin the game. I don’t know, and I definitely wouldn’t take my opinion on this, but I fail to see a way that this improves the game other then group tanking/steamrolling where you could just increase hp scaling or make all shots pierce.

But… the OoC will help new players to survive longer as they do not have a pet on their early gameplay.

That’s what happened to my 7/8 Archer with a max rare pet, I was playing too reckless with him and ate a Ghost God’s shotgun without knowing it.

Thanks for all the replies! A lot of genuinely useful info.

I’m slowly getting back into the rhythm of the game, and honestly, it’s tons of fun. I think the trick is to just not take it too seriously:sweat_smile:

I’ll definitely be playing regularly for the foreseeable future.

I was so close, the actual formula is shown @ the Wiki.
https://www.realmeye.com/wiki/hp-scaling

Let’s say Janus’s HP scaling as shown in Desmos.

Blue line is my formula.
Green line is what Deca has disclosed or someone else calculated.

But the result, both formulas goes the same direction! Zero difference!

I mean some RL’s in discords don’t even talk, right? Isn’t that part of the appeal of like SBC

I am experiencing FPS drops in groups of around >30 people that I didn’t experience in flash, being in a group cuts my FPS in half, particles aren’t hidden properly (pet abilities and some abilitiy particles from players simply always show), if I get the “Drunk” effect or go anywhere near cemetery/cland walls or the like I go from 60 to 5 FPS, I still need to ctrl+click to interact with things, UI buttons and inventory aren’t responsive and item previews lag. Also sometimes it takes 3 loading screens to succesfully connect me somewhere (and even when it works loading screens still take too long).

This is overall pretty disappointing since it’s still like this at the very end of flash support but at least we got transparency

I cannot believe getting this thread to stay on topic has now involved moderator intervention TWICE.

if it is somehow of dire importance that BlueTurtel be informed of a gameplay tweak that hasn’t been tested or worked on in any capacity for nearly a year, then refer them to the now somewhat ancient PT thread here and let them be the judge for themselves. you should not hijack their thread to repeatedly and loudly trumpet the exact same arguments you’ve been making for months without end until people start pestering the mods to make you shut up. it’s not like this dreaded ic/ooc system is going to get pushed to prod out of the blue anyway, deca themselves will inevitably be putting out the word as much as possible, and there will obviously be another PT session before it gets pushed. there will be another time when the argument is relevant and anyone who hasn’t seen it for themselves will get another chance to check it out. but that time is not now.

I also think everyone here would benefit from remembering the following:

1. just because someone says something you think is dumb doesn’t mean you have to jump on the keyboard warrior wagon. this is generally what causes these arguments to start.
  2. just because someone replies to you in an argument doesn’t mean you have to respond to them. you can let them get the last word, especially in a brick wall vs brick wall scenario where all replies are essentially guaranteed to mean nothing. this is generally what causes these arguments to last so long.

@BlueTurtel I sincerely apologize for this mess people seem to insist on turning your help-seeking thread into. based on your own comment it sounds like you’ve gotten what you wanted out of it, so if you’d like I can lock this thread and prevent additional replies from being made. regardless, I will once again trim the irrelevant off-topic replies. your choice whether you’d like the thread to stay open in case anyone has anything else helpful to say, or if you’re done here and we can all move on. for real this time, anyway.

Just a question, not trying to continue discussion, but making another thread just for this would be awkward, has it really not changed at all?

There has only ever been one public session for IC/OOC but there was quite a low turn out. However there was a lot of vocal voices from people who never even went to try it.

But there will be a PT for a new iteration of IC/OOC very very soon so rest assured that it has been worked on.

I am sorry Xaklor, as this is mainly my fault

I think there will be a difference between laggy flash browser (eternal dcs) and exalt

It’s no one’s fault actually, we all tried our best to help BlueTurtel… but gone a bit off track.

I expect another PT in couple days.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.